Noob with a new Gheenoe needing help.

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by Miamitj, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Miamitj

Miamitj I Love microskiff.com!

Hi all,

I just picked up a 2012 NMZ with a 2012 Merc 9.9 4stroke. It's kinda bare and there are a couple things I would like to do to it. I'm hoping you guys could point me in the right direction or offer additional advice.

1: I am getting seadeck for the boat. Seadeck has the measurements for the raised rear of my boat and center box but not the low front. Anyone know where I can find them? I'd prefer to get a template that I know works versus me measuring and crossing my fingers.

2: trolling motor / Front battery placement. I need some ideas. Right now I'm leaning towards mounting a battery tray and getting a casting platform for the front that the would work to hide the battery yet double as a seat / casting platform. Ideas?

3. Nav lights. Ideas for cool ones?

4. Jack plate. I wanted to raise the motor some. Ideas?

5. I have no rod holders. Ideas?

6. Inside / cabin area lights. Ideas?

Thanks in advance for everyone's time.

2. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Alright, here are my answers.

1. cut out a template out of poster board, if you're going to send it in to SeaDek, or Tyler at Castaway Customs (which I recommend for doing your SeaDek)

2. I don't like trolling motors, so I can't help you here.

3. Shark Eyes

4. Make a jack plate yourself. What part of Miami are you in? You can go to C&R Metals on North River Dr between 37th and 27th and get all the aluminum you need, and have them even cut it to size. All you would have to do is drill and slot it.

5. Strongarm Products makes bad ass rod holders that would be great for about $50. strongarmproducts.com

6. LED Strips work great, maybe attach them to the rubrail, and use the rubrail as the chase tube for the lights?

If you need any help with the jack plate, I gave my buddy the same advice, and he has made two. One for his old hisider, and one for his current Classic, and they both work great.
    We're in Hialeah, right by M.I.A. I'm sure he'd help you out, or build you one for a low price.

3. Miamitj

Miamitj I Love microskiff.com!

TY for the response. I hay take you up on the offer to help with a jack plate.