Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having some trouble getting some stains off of the non skid deck. I tried the 3M non skid deck cleaner but that didn’t do the trick. Any suggestions on another product?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Try rust raze from Morton or an equivalent. It is a resin bed cleaner for water softeners. Culligan stores and ACE have equivalents if out of rustraze as it is discontinued. I mix the power(few TBSP/gal) with water and use it to remove tannin stains for my boat after a day of cast netting shrimp. Removes it immediately. Do not breath in dust.

·
Brandon, FL
10,959 Posts
Bar Keepers Friend-I'm pretty sure it's just oxalic acid as well. Just make sure you re wax it after you use this stuff.
This stuff will clean virtually any stain. It is a very good product and it will not harm your boat. As said above, wax afterwards.

HOWEVER - do not let this (oxalic acid) touch your GALVANIZED trailer. It will start to eat it immediately and it will not quit even after you think you sprayed it off.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
This stuff will clean virtually any stain. It is a very good product and it will not harm your boat. As said above, wax afterwards.

HOWEVER - do not let this (oxalic acid) touch your GALVANIZED trailer. It will start to eat it immediately and it will not quit even after you think you sprayed it off.
Absolutely. Forgot to mention that. I got it all over my old trailer and it wasn't pretty. Fortunately the trailer was almost at the end of it's life anyway.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Keep in mind of you use bar keepers friend it can finely scratch or haze your gelcoat on the non-skid. You wont always notice it when looking at it but if you catch your non-skid at the right light at an angle, there will be a hazy spot where you rubbed it with bar keepers friend. Happened to a buddy trying to get the exact stains off you are trying to remove.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Try a little Soft Scrub and a good scrub brush, it will remove almost any stain. Once the stain is gone apply some Woody Wax

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,216 Posts
The Starbrite Fiberglass Stain Remover is some good stuff. Let is soak a few minutes
^This^ I use Roll Off, Magic Eraser and this when I first got my current boat. Starbrite FSR is the most effective on removing stubborn stains, including rust.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
463 Posts
One other thing to mention with a lot of these products - bright sun is your friend. Get your boat in the bright sun when applying one of these, even bleach. Then make sure you wax afterward to prevent a recurring issue with staining

1 - 20 of 32 Posts