Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to look who has the same setup and what prop they are running i don't have a jackplate or tabs.

Thanks, Sam.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
139 Posts
I run the same setup with a bob's plate and tsg tabs.

Get a jack plate before you worry about the prop. Trust me. Youll see much greater performance gains with a jack plate than a prop. Get the anti-cav plate 1" or so above the keel and youll gain a few mph for sure.

3 blade 9X9 is perfect for running with a moderate load or two adult males. Overall, this is the best "compromise" between top end and holeshot with the boat loaded for a full day on the water.

3 blade 9X10 will give you a little extra top end while running solo, but with two adults you will lose some top end and LOTS of bottom end/holeshot. If your over 200 lbs and fish with others I would look elsewhere.

I've never ran a 4 blade but that will be my next experiment. Looking to run a little skinnier.

Jeff

·
Registered
179 Posts
Lowtyde...when you mention an "anti cavitation plate" do you mean a hydro foil like Doel Fin. What's the difference in the two if I may ask? Thanks.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
139 Posts
The hydrofoil/doelfin mounts to the cavitation plate so they are essentially the same thing

Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts