Night Time Sarasota - HDR

Discussion in 'Photo Hut' started by skinny_water, Feb 15, 2010.

1. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

Over the weekend I found a new laptop on Craigslist.  It's an HP dv6000 Special Edition.  Great computer, super screen, and fast enough to do all my photo editing and RAW batch conversions that I want to do.  Best thing is that it was owned by a graphics design student that upgraded to a Mac Pro, so it already had Photoshop CS3 extended version!  It's last years model, he gave me the receipt with it because it has a best buy warranty.  Receipt says it was $1400...I paid $400.  Gotta love Craigslist.

Some of the nice things that came with CS3 is a very user friendly HDR and also a photo stiching program.  I am going to run a stich through tonight to see how it does.  The first HDR I ran I wanted to give it the  most complex picture I could.  A RAW nightime picture with 5 images.  During my longest exposures I had cars driving through, and at one point I had a person walk in front of my camera!  Very little ghosting because of the cars, but everything else turned out good.

ISO100 13sec to 1.5 sec, D3000 RAW
    [​IMG] 

2. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

Couldnt you get the same effect by converting that image to a smart object and use Vector Masks?

3. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

Yes, but you would be extending your time out above 15minutes per image to edit. In raw format this one took less than 10 minutes to put together.

I might have to start a blog for my photography, most of the websites will not host a full sized HDR image.