Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to start a night “tournament” every 3 weeks or so and wanted to get some creative ideas. Volusia County-port orange, nsb, tomoka mixing it up. 7-745 launch & . 8-10 fish

Something basic like $10 buy in. Random draw before tournament on trout, catfish, snook etc to make the fish of night interesting? Most fish?

I say “tournament” bc just running with buddies so don’t need formal rules etc just looking for some creative ideas on structure that have been done in the past. I think st aug has a club that does something similar? Also if anyone has interest on here let me know. Thinking every 3 weeks on a Thursday. Casual, have fun, break up the week kind of thing

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha! I feel a lot would not return for the next tournament if that was the case. I was more thinking along the lines of artificial only, etc.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,075 Posts
Going to start a night “tournament” every 3 weeks or so and wanted to get some creative ideas. Volusia County-port orange, nsb, tomoka mixing it up. 7-745 launch & . 8-10 fish

Something basic like $10 buy in. Random draw before tournament on trout, catfish, snook etc to make the fish of night interesting? Most fish?

I say “tournament” bc just running with buddies so don’t need formal rules etc just looking for some creative ideas on structure that have been done in the past. I think st aug has a club that does something similar? Also if anyone has interest on here let me know. Thinking every 3 weeks on a Thursday. Casual, have fun, break up the week kind of thing
So
Launch 745 and fish til 8?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
289 Posts
Look at Wednesday night tournaments on Facebook for ideas, I fish them out of Jax when I can. $25 buy in pretty much a winner take all with 2nd place getting $25-50 depending on participation.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I like your ideas, low entry fee, random drawing on what fish wins and changing locations. The only thing I might throw my 2 cents in on is make it a Friday night so if people wanted to stay around after the tournament to "socialize" they don't have to worry about work the next day. Good luck in putting it together.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cca star redfish are not wild fish..

I like your ideas, low entry fee, random drawing on what fish wins and changing locations. The only thing I might throw my 2 cents in on is make it a Friday night so if people wanted to stay around after the tournament to "socialize" they don't have to worry about work the next day. Good luck in putting it together.
Thanks! Gonna stick with Thursday for time being as a lot of people travel on weekends. Figured Thursday attendance would be better and fridays are typically easier work days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts