SOLD/EXPIRED Nicest 1957/2005 Challenger I have seen

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Capt_David, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Capt_David

Capt_David Well-Known Member

http://www.sflangler.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=55

She is up for grabs!

2. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Incredibly nice boat. Anyone want to take a stab at what the asking $$ is?

-T

3. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

FOR SALE!

1957/2005 15ft Challenger

2005 75 Etec

2005 Tailer

Call TOM

954 614 0530

This skiff was completely restored from the stringers up.  The Owner is Tommy of Bluewater Chairs.  If you have seen his chairs you know the amount of detail and craftmanship he can produce.  This is Tommy's personal skiff/project.  Budget was NOT in the equation when he put her back together.  Capt Karl Glockner was Tommy's mentor with the rebuild.   This is your chance to own a CLASSIC that has ALREADY been restored and ready to fish and TURN HEADS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. iMacattack

Call and ask... ;D

5. Capt_David

About the cost of materials

6. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

7. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

I would be scared to! However, I'm sure it is worth every penny!!!!!

8. The_Skiff_Shop

The_Skiff_Shop Well-Known Member

I ain't skeeerd.   $11K ;) He knows what he has and priced to match these economic times IMHO.

Any way we can get a copy of this to the "Classic" section. May be going out on a limb here, but I think she's worthy. :D

9. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

any chance to have his email? is that his asking price for $11k?

10. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

[smiley=eek.gif] [smiley=eek2.gif] Dang, he does have it price for our economy!!! [smiley=eyepopping.gif] [smiley=eyepopping.gif] [smiley=eyepopping.gif] [smiley=eyepopping.gif] [smiley=eyepopping.gif] [smiley=eyepopping.gif] [smiley=eyepopping.gif] [smiley=eyepopping.gif] She is one purdy boat, but a steal at that price!

11. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

yup, for $11K ready to fish he has every right to call the police and report it stolen... :cool:

12. The_Skiff_Shop

The_Skiff_Shop Well-Known Member

As usual, well said. :cool:

13. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

All BS aside that is a shockingly low price on that boat. It's a piece of history. I never would have imagined it that low.

I would be stunned if that boat lasts a week. It needs to be listed in more places to get it in front of the right buyer.

Absolutely incredible opportunity that doesn't come across often in one's life. Almost feel like it should be listed in the Dupont registry for cryin' out loud!

-T

14. Unclebob

Unclebob Well-Known Member

I would have guessed at triple the price. What a beauty.

15. Shadowcast

Shadowcast Ankona Sales Rep

A good friend of mine (BobbyC) has one and I thought his was the nicest one. This one is unreal. I asked Bobby about 12K for his and he said NO WAY!! If I had 11K this would be a done deal!!

16. iMacattack

That right there is the honest problem. No one is walking around with 11K ready to buy a boat. It's a sign of the times. I too would be ALL over this one IF I felt comfortable pinching off a few K out of my resources. It would be in my driveway right now. According to what I have been told it was listed for about 20K. And got no bites. I hope someone who appreciates the skiff picks her up soon!

Cheers

17. roto77777

roto77777 Well-Known Member

Dayum! That is right up the with my old Egret Woodie II, but half the cost.

18. formerWAflyfisher

formerWAflyfisher Well-Known Member

That is a stunning skiff. What is the hull made of? What would the draft be on something like this?

19. Capt_David

Glass over wood. It would get in 8 to 10 inches.

20. captnron

captnron Guest

Amen.

But "in the driveway"? Your not worthy. :p She belongs in a stall. ;) Having said, it wold be like $1/ month for 11K months right now. :(