Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
devilray snob
2,398 Posts
Looks really nice, theyre probably priced out of the market theyre in though. With words like 'carbon fiber' I can only imagine...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
Looks like a sick little FL style skiff. With that tunnel I bet it runs skinny.

·
Registered
926 Posts
You think they make a loading rack on the Ibis for the Willet yet:). New Water quality is superb, no doubt.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Bit worried. New Water says it is the only true Texas boat works. hmmmmmm......does that make Freedom boat builders and Shallow Sport boat builders to name two, there may be more, chopped liver? Both are in Texas. Both make arguably some of the best boats in Texas waters.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Perhaps boat vs skiffs? I’ve barely heard of Freedom and wouldn’t own a SS if you paid me to do so. Different markets.

Reactions: Fishtex

·
Registered
459 Posts
Freedom is one of those builders that really try hard to get it right. The little Chiquita they make is astounding. I did not realize until I met a gentleman at the boat ramp who had one. It was a windy day and yet he had put 35 miles give or take 10 on that little boat. Did some investigating. Really a good company. As to Shallow Sport, I know their process is not as stringent as Freedom but it is still good. Why the dislike? I do know they hold their value well in this area.

New Water does state boat they are "Texas' Only True Boatworks Facility" Maybe boatworks means something in addition to boat building. Really not comparing a shallow water boat to a Technical Poling Skiff. Just wondering about the claim. Heck I might own a New Water before the year is out. Doubt it but it could happen.

·
Registered
1999 Whipray, 2017 Tohatsu MFS50
719 Posts
I know they also do all their own aluminum work, as Tim also owns Pro-line aluminum which is on the same piece of property as New Water

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have no dislike of SS or Freedom. Just not TPS so I don’t know or care much about them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts