Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a place that you can actually go and buy a new microskiff or are all of them made to order? It would be great to actually see one in a show room or dealership. South Florida area.

·
Soy un Perdedor
2,555 Posts
Maverick has a few dealerships in FL that stock various models

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,378 Posts
Beavertail Skiffs (Bradenton) usually has a couple skiffs on display or can give a factory tour and line you up with a guide running specific models. They also occasionally sell factory demos.

www.beavertailskiffs.com

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
To see a variety of skiffs in one place the boat shows each year are handy... The next big show in my area is the Ft Lauderdale Show and it’s coming up next month (don’t know the exact dates).

Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
2015 HB Pro
120 Posts
Take an afternoon and hit a local ramp by the flats while boats are coming in. Most people will not mind you asking them a few questions and looking at their boat while they’re packing up. Boat show is normally a good place but who knows if there will even be one this year in this alternative reality

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
South Dade if you're looking for a micro skiff theyre banging them out pretty quickly and loks like a good skiff for the money.

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,378 Posts
The two major boat shows are on. Ft. Lauderdale International (Bahia Mar) runs from 10/28- 11/1. The smaller boats will be at the convention center.

The Miami International Boat Show is scheduled for 2/11-15 at the Miami Marine Stadium Park.

Haven't been to either in a few years, but for small fishing boats the Miami show always had more to offer with more builders in attendance. The FLIBS is more of a yacht event.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Zika has it down... For many years I worked the various local shows in support of whichever shop I was tying flies for. In recent years all of that is gone as guiding takes up most of my time (can’t remember the last show I worked so I’m not up to date at all... on the retail world).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hells Bay usually has new customer skiffs in their shop you can look at and sometimes they have pre-owned for sale. I'm working with Captain Al Keller there now on a new build and he has been very helpful, hellsbayboatworks.com look under skiffs and preowned.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lox Life is not to bad.....getting filled up with cars and people.
We actually had a BLM protest last month...imagine that! Of course the local Trumpers squashed it with about a thousand or so showing up parading their buggies! That's Lox Life for you!
Other than that, the homes are getting bigger and more Palm Beach like, plus the "city" of Westlake sprang up in the Calary Judge Groves. It is still beats the rat race of Broward and Dade.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Pretty funny when someone asks you about your boat and you tell them how BAD it is

and then go on to recommend all kinds of boats that are better and cheaper ...

Tough job but someone has to do it LoL ... If they still don't believe me I give them a
"Demo Ride" ...

Reactions: jackson man
1 - 15 of 15 Posts