Newbie on here

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by spinfreak, Aug 30, 2008.

1. spinfreak

spinfreak Well-Known Member

Hi Ya'll,

Some of you may know me from other forums, but I've just come across this site. I seen Jan's (Imac) ugly mug on the Florida Fishing Report the other night, and seen Dave Sutton mention this place.

For the record, I've pretty much known Jan since I moved down here to FL 6 years ago. Although he's never told me about this site....some friend, huh?  :p

Also for the record, I own an '00 17' Maverick MA, a 15ft aluminum skiff w/ 30hp Rude, and an '84 22ft Starcraft CC w/ a 150hp Merc. None considered a microskiff, but with my large rump, I don't think anything would be considered a microskiff once I get on it. ;D

I hate internet drinks, but just to keep with tradition, beers are on me (or your preffered drink)  :)

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Welcome to the forum.
    I'd approve the beer can with the 30hp as a microskiff.
    However I expect to see modifications and pics.

3. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Hey Spin,

Welcome! ;)

Cheers

4. spinfreak

It's a semi-v, so with my rear end on it, it actually drafts more than my Maverick. Especially since I have rigged it up with 2 group 31 batteries, nav lights, livewell pump w/ high speed pickup (for modded ice chest/livewell), power inverter hookup for nighttime underwater lights, and a few other things. It's all ghetto rigged though, so no pics...LOL.

5. B.Lee

B.Lee Well-Known Member

Welcome, there's nothing wrong with an aluminum v!

6. Kemo

Kemo The world is flat....and shallow.

"It's all ghetto rigged" ??? - No matter. If it works, it's safe for all who use it, and it didn't cost an arm and a second child, so what. The motto here is "Do More With Less". And I'll have a Stoli on the rocks, with lime, thank you.

7. thresher

thresher Well-Known Member

2 group 31 batteries??? JEepeRS! That weighs a LOT!!
    Welcome aboard fine sir. I'll have a tonic on ice with lime please.

8. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

good to have you aboard.  :cool:

That MA 17 has been a reference model for flats skiffs for as long as I can remember. It don't go supper skinny like some of the newer mini skiffs, but if you had a mind to you can run Flamingo to Everglades city on the outside in any kind of weather you can stand to fish in. Might beat you up a bit in bad weather but you'll get there.  :cool:

If you like hanging around here just post some old photo's of the tin skiff now and then and fish mostly with the MA.  :)

9. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

oh crap. who let spin in?

10. spinfreak

There goes the neighborhood  ;D

Thanks for the welcome, ya'll

11. captnron

captnron Guest

You were doing fine till you acknowledged Curtis. ::)

12. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Spin, just ignore Ron he's a bitter old man... oh and if you need a prop, yeti cooler, push pole or SeaDek... make sure you call that bitter old man... he's good people!

Cheers

13. snooknreds2

snooknreds2 Well-Known Member

Spin nice to see you have made your way over to here. I have seen you on the other forums in the past

14. spinfreak

I'm all set with my Yeti, a prop, and a push pole, but I've been thinking about SeaDek......Hmmmmmmm