Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhat new to the forum, (i've peeked a few times). The lower Laguna Madre has been my 'local" waters since I could hold a rod (thank's to my dad). I got myself a Hewe's Tailfisher '17 a few years ago and have had blast plying the flats and an occasional offshore jaunt, when tides and swell permit. Flyfishing most of the time.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Welcome Jerry ... nice part of the country you fish. Just spent a week with my daughter chasing reds on a fly in your part of the world and what fun it was .... see you on the water there soon!

Reactions: Jerry Sedas

·
Registered
115 Posts
What part of the LLM do you fish? Since I got in to the skiff world recently I have seen every time I go out 1 or 2 in the bay, maybe because I feel a part of the group and look for them :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What part of the LLM do you fish? Since I got in to the skiff world recently I have seen every time I go out 1 or 2 in the bay, maybe because I feel a part of the group and look for them :cool:
Mostly out of Mansfield, if the wind is low, out towards the east cut, lots of shoreline and oysters, redfish, big black drum love it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mostly out of Mansfield, if the wind is low, out towards the east cut, lots of shoreline and oysters, redfish, big black drum love it.
That's where I fish out of the most PM, I also go out of arroyo city and SPI. All the east coast bay is full with oyster beds and reds, drums. I will keep my eye open if I see your Hewes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.