Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new tohatsu 20 and I’m wondering if I need muffs with the stock hose hook up already on there to get the water fully circulating?

·
Brandon, FL
10,103 Posts
If you are referring to the flush port, then no.

Also, I don't think it is recommended to run the engine while flushing - you can reverse the blades on the impeller. On my Merc it is not recommended. Read your manual.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s my first motor but I was under the impression that muffs allowed you turn on the motor and get the water circulating to the top? I’ve read the manual. I’ll go back again

·
I Love microskiff.com!
670 Posts
What year is it? I've got an '18 and it doesn't have a hose hook up. I flush/run it with muffs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't trust muffs, small set that were good on a 30 Rude slipped off my 2014 Hatsu 20, liked to give me a heart attack. Mine came with the hose adaptor but I like to get the engine warm when flushing. I slip a 32gal trash can under the lower unit, fill and fire it up, disconnect the fuel line until the carbs run dry. Pull the drain plug I put on the trash can and done.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I don't trust muffs, small set that were good on a 30 Rude slipped off my 2014 Hatsu 20, liked to give me a heart attack. Mine came with the hose adaptor but I like to get the engine warm when flushing. I slip a 32gal trash can under the lower unit, fill and fire it up, disconnect the fuel line until the carbs run dry. Pull the drain plug I put on the trash can and done.
20190327_164945.jpg

Reactions: makin moves

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

By far the safest method and what I used to do with my 30 e-tec. That thing would never prime on the muffs.

Reactions: NativeBone
1 - 7 of 7 Posts