Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad I came across MS. Recently bought a home in CC and can’t wait to get on the water. I live in Atlanta for now until my youngest (sophomore) graduates. Have spent majority of my fishing time in New Smyrna Beach/Lagoon area. April will be first chance to bring my boat down and finally get on the water. Lots to learn about the area.

·
Panhandler
2,723 Posts
Welcome. Good folks on here and a wealth of knowledge. Looking forward to reading your posts.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Easy place to love! Some much fishy water hard to tell where to start! Are you a guide?
So you can apply some of your freshwater fishing technique to saltwater fishing . To hunt snook look for structure, currentb,bridges,docks, bushes to target sea trout think of fishing bass in deeper water jigs, lures, jerk baits. Redfish are a lot tougher unless you're throwing live bait in the bushes they are mostly poling/sight casting. Good luck just remember fishing during the week is the best if possible our waters have been overcrowded for more than 15 plus years and it ain't getting better anytime soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NorthEast, in Elbert County. I'm personally about 30 minutes from Hartwell Lake, Russell Lake, or Clarks Hill Lake.
Great, i am unfortunately 5 mins from Allatoona Lake aka the Dead Sea, you definitely live near more productive waters up there! Salty water is definitely my favorite

·
I Love microskiff.com!
567 Posts
No - I am a mostly retired commercial photographer so I fish everyday. When I do work it us usually after going fishing. If you a fly guy we have a fly club in Matlacha. Meets tonight at Matlacha Park community center at 630 I think. You can usually learn something...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I recently just did the opposite. Left Cape Coral for Georgia (Fort Benning) and absolutely miss it though I am enjoying the streams of North Georgia and the underrated shoal bass. Good luck. Some of the best diversity of saltwater fishing in the country though crowded.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts