Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well son is cleared and doing good. Added some rod holders and
Worked on the engine changed the thermosta, fuel pump and for some odd reason added the starter solenoid which was missing. Never had a solenoid but had starter, rectifier, Flywheel and starter button. Man what a difference not having to yank on that string and now could charge my battery. Will be adding an automatic bilge and was thinking of plumbing the live well but don't think I will. Trying to minimize Opening holes in the skiff. Now the hunt begins for hatches that are kind of a weird size. I appreciate the input from you guys as this is not going to be an incredible transformation lol. But will be a fun decent skiff to spend quality time with my son. One main issue I am having is where to mount my GPS without being in the way.

·
Banned
2019 Jackson Mayfly, Jackson Kilroy DT
275 Posts
Well son is cleared and doing good. Added some rod holders and View attachment 164289 Worked on the engine changed the thermosta, fuel pump and for some odd reason added the starter solenoid which was missing. Never had a solenoid but had starter, rectifier, Flywheel and starter button. Man what a difference not having to yank on that string and now could charge my battery. Will be adding an automatic bilge and was thinking of plumbing the live well but don't think I will. Trying to minimize Opening holes in the skiff. Now the hunt begins for hatches that are kind of a weird size. I appreciate the input from you guys as this is not going to be an incredible transformation lol. But will be a fun decent skiff to spend quality time with my son. One main issue I am having is where to mount my GPS without being in the way.
View attachment 164288
Glad all is well with your son! It's nice seeing dads and sons getting to spend time together. I had an old bass boat that I mounted my GPS/depth finder to a 1x12" wrapped in astroturf. I could move the unit around wherever it was most visable and the astroturf kinda "velcroed" itself to the boat's carpet and therefore didn't move around under power. If after a few times out you feel like you know a good permanant spot to mount the unit then do it. Have fun!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Glad all is well with your son! It's nice seeing dads and sons getting to spend time together. I had an old bass boat that I mounted my GPS/depth finder to a 1x12" wrapped in astroturf. I could move the unit around wherever it was most visable and the astroturf kinda "velcroed" itself to the boat's carpet and therefore didn't move around under power. If after a few times out you feel like you know a good permanant spot to mount the unit then do it. Have fun!
I was thinking of removing the starboard side rod holder and flush mounting the unit on the storage box. Keeps battery in place and would let me add a 12v receptacle.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts