Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dry storage is always an issue on microskiffs. The Salt Marsh 1444 just got a little more dry storage on the new deck configuration.
FB_IMG_1540144171796.jpg

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the battery still in the stern? Just curious about access outside of the dry locker
With this set up, the wiring and battery is in the tiller console. The battery can still be put in the stern. The skiff belongs to our NC rep. He will be giving a more thorough review and tour of it soon.

·
Registered
228 Posts
With this set up, the wiring and battery is in the tiller console. The battery can still be put in the stern. The skiff belongs to our NC rep. He will be giving a more thorough review and tour of it soon.
Ah, makes sense. I like what you did with it and especially putting the drains on the side.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mel, Rose, and Erin really turned it into an even more functional skiff!

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still your best bet for a livewell would be a plumbed guide box .

·
Registered
109 Posts
152E2654-8685-4879-86AE-293A0714E389.jpeg
3E346726-8191-4AF4-9866-EE6E60E63D8A.jpeg
1B928F56-EFAA-4F2E-8E8A-151E2232561A.jpeg
Not to derail...if that was available when I got mine I’d have went that route.Here’s how my bro Skiffmizer w/ islamarine resolved the storage/livewell dilemma w/ my salt marsh 144.we started by having SM leave the 2 back boxes uncut on the inside since my fuel tank is forward.we built a central livewell out of a fiberglass step/dock box turned upside down and glassed in w/ coosa wood to raise it up flush w deck and create a center channel for deck drainage.my house battery,switch and fuse block is on the starboard side and the port box is completely open for storage.cut a few holes in the top and installed some Jim black hatch lids.i now have a ton of dry storage and a small livewell!super happy w the way it turned out and everything works great!i guess we could have fabricated actual FB hatches but didn’t want to put too much $ into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts