Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_20190923_185418.jpg

IMG_20190923_185501.jpg

Hello from the middle NC. I just purchasedthis 14ft flat bottom skiff with a 40hp Mercury. It's stripped down and basic but I plan on adding a trolling motor to the front, fish finder/depth finder on the console, possibly a top. Also considering adding a 52qt cooler style livewell to the front or seat style livewell but unsure on that. Will mainly be on lakes but take it to the coast to fish the back water a few times a year. Looking forward to posting more for suggestions and tips.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome aboard ... nothing like tinkering with your boat when you are not in the water!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! Where are you? I'm in Raleigh. No skiff yet but I may end up buying one next spring for me and the soon-to-be 5 year-old to use.
Over near Burlington. Start looking now! Better deals in the fall. In the spring I'm sure it would have cost another $1000 atleast! I'm excited to take my 3.5 yr old daughter out, shes already calling it her boat

·
Registered
141 Posts
Over near Burlington. Start looking now! Better deals in the fall. In the spring I'm sure it would have cost another $1000 atleast! I'm excited to take my 3.5 yr old daughter out, shes already calling it her boat
I actually already have started looking, but the bigger thing for me is my tow vehicle, a GX460 Lexus, is my wife's truck right now. We planned to get her the new Yukon when GM released the next revision (independent rear suspension so the third row folds FLAT!), but they pushed it a model year and now have that damn UAW strike distracting them! Can't haul a skiff behind my Cadillac CTS-V!

What lakes are you hitting? I am 25 minutes from Jordan and we have a place at White Lake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts