·
I Love microskiff.com!
2021 HB Professional Tunnel
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
84 Posts
I listened to the first 10 minutes of it this morning on the way to work before changing to something different. Maybe future episodes will be more interesting... the discussion had no structure and was pretty blah. IMO. Seem like nice people though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Agree, hopefully this was a pilot episode to work out some kinks. Would love some intros or backstory on the hosts. Letting some of the hosts personality out would help capture the audience.

enjoyed the Q&A with the local guide and would be cool to hear from guides in different areas compare/contrast their local fisheries. The Texas coast alone would allow a lot of its diversity to be showcased that way.

while all the points on the do’s and don’ts of being on a skiff were 100% accurate, it came off as high brow, if the true intent was to educate a newbie. I doubt many newbies are listening to a podcast as their intro into the sport, but if there was one they probably decided on a different sport to explore.

Either way, I’ll keep listening. I need more saltwater fly fishing podcasts to keep my occupied while I’m still working from home.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2021 HB Professional Tunnel
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agree, hopefully this was a pilot episode to work out some kinks. Would love some intros or backstory on the hosts. Letting some of the hosts personality out would help capture the audience.

enjoyed the Q&A with the local guide and would be cool to hear from guides in different areas compare/contrast their local fisheries. The Texas coast alone would allow a lot of its diversity to be showcased that way.

while all the points on the do’s and don’ts of being on a skiff were 100% accurate, it came off as high brow, if the true intent was to educate a newbie. I doubt many newbies are listening to a podcast as their intro into the sport, but if there was one they probably decided on a different sport to explore.

Either way, I’ll keep listening. I need more saltwater fly fishing podcasts to keep my occupied while I’m still working from home.
We're hoping it will get better too, LOL. Hopefully through the next few episodes, everyone will get comfortable and be more relaxed. The podcast isn't just for the newbie, I just figured we would start there to get things off the ground. Thanks for the feed back.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,808 Posts
I like to hear more continued discussion on skiff etiquette and especially thoughts about on the water etiquette. This can start at the boat ramp, extend to running to/from fishing area, how close is too close and come back to pulling out of the water at the ramp. The topic of how close is too close is a very complicated discussion and could take up its own episode but it does make for really good discussion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts