Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....large can of worms but tell me what are your favorite $300-500 fly reels? My best is currently an Loop Evotec, which is light and super nice. I bought my daughter a Ross Evolution LT, which seems sweet, but haven't tried it out yet. I want to have my new reel balance nicely on an Axiom II 8wt. Mainly a rod for the TX coast when it's too windy for my TFO Mangrove 7wt (better presentation, but slower).
Thanks!
Matt

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
In that price range I looked at the Lamson Speedster and the Galvan Torque reels.

Wound up with Speedsters since they are on backup rods. Probably would have sprung for the Galvan otherwise...

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
725 Posts
If you eBay, watch for the Ross Evolution R salts...Mine have been all under $500 and two under $400 for BNIB. If you don’t eBay, then don’t start. I’m gonna have to turn my alerts off soon.

Reactions: el9surf and sjrobin

·
Registered
918 Posts
Nauti x, lamson speedsters, used TIBORS, ross salts, used nautilus, and 3tands. as the guys above said, they are all good. everyone has their preference. id personally look for a used tibor. but that's my taste.....

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Galvan Torque reels. I've tested my T-8 on some fast fishes. That drag works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts