Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, kind of worried about this as I have had so many props from yamaha and mercury over the decades and never any surface rust. I bought last spring a new prop from power tech for my flats boat....used it three times and of course washed the prop and boat after each time . Now prop has rust spots all over it and rust patches. I have called them and sent a picture and still waiting to hear back, they are pretty good people there by the way. I have been told they use cheap aluminum etc.. and i really do not want to have to try to buff this out every 3 months or use any type of acid cause it will just end up chewing through the prop after some time. Anyone have some ideas? Some of the same issue with their company? Thanks T

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
Run it and you’ll be fine. I’m serious. If you’re really worried about it rusting away while you aren’t fishing it spray the prop down with CorrosionX. It’s not a defect, stainless isn’t rust proof just rust resistant and some stainless has more carbon content.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
APPRECIATE IT.........not worried about it rusting through at all, just a new prop right off the bat with so much surface rust .........shouldnt be happening but it is stored outside 9 months per year

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
APPRECIATE IT.........not worried about it rusting through at all, just a new prop right off the bat with so much surface rust .........shouldnt be happening but it is stored outside 9 months per year
Every powertech prop I’ve had my custom prop guy add cup to does the same thing. It’s not an issue, I asked him the same thing and he asked me if I’m really worried about how pretty my prop looks or catching fish. He’s a funny old bastard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts