Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new Foreman prop for my not yet built new skiff. I talked with Jack, a couple weeks ago and he said he had THE prop for my EVOx with a Zuke 60. 12.5"x14p xxx cup. It's a monster for a 60. Now I just have to wait for my boat...
I also ordered his custom shallow water intake screens.
foreman prop.JPG
intake screens.JPG

·
I Love microskiff.com!
210 Posts
Here is my new Foreman prop for my not yet built new skiff. I talked with Jack, a couple weeks ago and he said he had THE prop for my EVOx with a Zuke 60. 12.5"x14p xxx cup. It's a monster for a 60. Now I just have to wait for my boat...
I also ordered his custom shallow water intake screens.
View attachment 118944 View attachment 118946
how do you put muffs on with those screens- do they still fit over?

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you want to test it, bring it on over. I'm not terribly happy with the prop I have and would be interested in how it performs for you.

I have an EVOx with a 60 in case that wasnt implied

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do you put muffs on with those screens- do they still fit over?
I don't use muffs, only flush with hose adapter on current skiff. Will do the same when I get my EVOx

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to test it, bring it on over. I'm not terribly happy with the prop I have and would be interested in how it performs for you.

I have an EVOx with a 60 in case that wasnt implied
Where are you? I'm going to try it on a friend's Fury hopefully tomorrow that has a Zuke 60.
The prop, along with a bunch of other equipment, is being shipped to East Cape Monday to wait for my boat.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’m curious on the performance also . They seem to have the prop dialed in pretty good that came on my Evo. Haven’t seen anyone really getting any better numbers on the top end and hole shot is good. I don’t know if it would be worth getting another prop.

·
Banned
12,340 Posts
I’m curious on the performance also . They seem to have the prop dialed in pretty good that came on my Evo. Haven’t seen anyone really getting any better numbers on the top end and hole shot is good. I don’t know if it would be worth getting another prop.
If you buy a Foreman for hole shot it will have decent top end but you can’t have both. You can tell him you’d rather have less hole shot and more top end and he will build it that way for you. It’s a give and take.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My friend’s Fury with Zuke 60, Foreman prop and Permatrim cav plate is a 33mph boat. Holeshot is sick and can run full jack up without overheating or blowing out. We don’t have long runs so giving up some top end for shallow water running is way more important.

·
Banned
12,340 Posts
My friend’s Fury with Zuke 60, Foreman prop and Permatrim cav plate is a 33mph boat. Holeshot is sick and can run full jack up without overheating or blowing out. We don’t have long runs so giving up some top end for shallow water running is way more important.
Exactly, I’d rather have that instant hole shot and control jacked up than 3-4mph more top and and lose most of the hole shot. I know some of you have been on and operated a boat with terrible hole shot and in my opinion it’s just about the most helpless feeling when you have to struggle to jump on plane and go. Half a boat length hole shot and 32-34mph is hard to beat unless you are wanting to stay in the channel and run 40 with more of a speed prop that blows out as soon as you begin to jack it up or lose water in turns.

·
Registered
888 Posts
For motors that do not have hose flush connections, you can still use muffs on Jack's screens, but you have to be a little more careful about where the water leaves the muffs and enters the screens. If you put it too far back, the water will not go through the screen since only the front is open. Ask me how I know.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Please post your numbers after you get your boat. I have the same setup.
The performance of my buddy's Fury with a Zuke 60 should be really close to the EVOx performance. I'll ask him and get his numbers for you. They will give you a good comparison to work with. I don't get my X until end of May-ish.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’ll post some 3 blade numbers from different props this weekend . Hoping to get out tomorrow and test another prop on my Evo X.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm running the ss Suzuki prop on a heron 18. Raised my motor to max on transom. Add a little cup. 11 3/4x16 I'm getting full rpm 6300 32-35mph my wife and I 170 lbs [she's 6ft] me 200 lbs 2 kids 38 and 45 lbs. Not slow out of hole. With full trim I get those speeds and rpms

There's a prop on Ebay called signature I'm dying to try it's a semi cleaver 11.25x16. By what I hear semi cleaver props dont lift bow,in turn cause quicker planning and increase speed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151082984235

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm running the ss Suzuki prop on a heron 18. Raised my motor to max on transom. Add a little cup. 11 3/4x16 I'm getting full rpm 6300 32-35mph my wife and I 170 lbs [she's 6ft] me 200 lbs 2 kids 38 and 45 lbs. Not slow out of hole. With full trim I get those speeds and rpms

There's a prop on Ebay called signature I'm dying to try it's a semi cleaver 11.25x16. By what I hear semi cleaver props dont lift bow,in turn cause quicker planning and increase speed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151082984235
I'm running a 4 blade semi cleaver on my Vantage VHP with a Zuke 140. It's really good coming out of the hole and doesn't mind running at high jack settings. I can get up at full jack although I need to pay attention to the throttle so I don't over rev. It's a good compromise of holeshot and speed. My 3 blade Suzuki prop squats more on holeshot but is 6 mph faster on top end. Both handle well in tight turns.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
28 Posts
Bumping this thread - I have a 60 Suzuki on a 16' Heron. Running the suzuki 3 blade 11 3/4 x 16. I consistently hit the rev limiter and am looking for a new prop.

Would like a 4 blade, looking for better 'bite' in sharp turns as well as a degree of stern lift versus the current setup.

Is anyone running a 4 blade on the Suzuki? If so, which one?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts