New old guy...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cjohnson, Aug 17, 2008.

1. cjohnson

cjohnson Well-Known Member

Joined up last night. Some of you I have met at various events, most I haven't...but will. Don't have a boat....yet, soon ;). Look forward to see'n you all on the water.

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Welcome! Gin and Tonic Please! ;D

Cheers

3. backwaterbandits

backwaterbandits Well-Known Member

Welcome....We need another Old Guy ;)
    [smiley=cheers.gif] Dave

4. thresher

thresher Well-Known Member

welcome aboard. Not sure offtopic was the place but we're glad to have ya aboard. BArqs rootbeer float please.
    Thresh

5. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

you wouldn't happen to know Lynrd Skynyrd would ya? :)

6. cjohnson

Funny you should ask. The screen name has some meaning. Grew up in Orange Park, Skynyrd actually played at Orange Park High School homecoming before they hit the big time. Lived in the neighborhood right next to the cemetery that Ronnie, Steve and Cassie Gaines were buried. Duck hunted with Ronnie's Dad once. Long time fan :)

7. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

now thats very cool, glad I asked. :cool: You're definitely qualified represent that name proudly then. As a throwback from the 70's I love the Allman brothers, Marshall Tucker, Molly Hatchet, 38 Special, etc, etc, but I think Skynyrd is "the" definition of southern rock. :)

8. cjohnson

Don't forget Molly Hatchet, saw them in Jax at Big Daddy's "back in the day"  :cool:

9. tailgator

tailgator Well-Known Member

yep. My brother took me to what used to be "The Jug" once. OP aint what it used to be. I still have memories of 411 Janell Drive.