Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to do a quick intro. I've been in Waco a bit over a year and sold they aluminum bassboat I brought down with me due to too much hassle for the little bit of fishing I can work in. Now I am looking for something easier to maintain, launch, recover, and catch fish out of. I have owned many boats and two kayaks, just not sure that I want another yak. I like to use a fish finder/chartplotter, and prefer to troll or bottom fish, but don't mind casting shorelines for bass. Getting older and out of shape, so probably a trailer boat instead of one from my Tacoma truck bed.

Really not sure what that leaves besides jons or utility V-hull boats in the 14' range, so I am very curious to look around here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Probably. Any thoughts on Gheenoes and similar boats
Gheenoes (and the similar hulls) are great as long as you accept them for what they are. I love mine, and I can deal with not handling chop well and either avoiding big open water or making sure to closely monitor the weather to avoid bad conditions. They're stable, affordable, and can go SKINNY! They're also easy to mod. If you're a skinny water guy I'd definitely check them out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts