Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been checking this site out for a little bit now getting some useful info. You guys are great. Im 99% sure Im ready to pull the trigger on a Ankona Cayenne after a lot of hours in front of the computer readig, looking at pics, watching videos etc. But.....I have yet to see one in person. I would like to find someone in my are that has one that I can come check out and possibly get a ride in. I am not looking for a free ride or fishing trip, I am more than willing to put some gas in your truck and boat, pay ramp fee and whatever else. I just sold my 20' Carolina Skiff with a tower and I need to get a new boat going cause im having withdrawals already:eek:. I am in the Ft. Myers area. Any suggestions on rigging would be great to. I am thinking offset console with baitwell in front, trim tabs, jack plate, micro anchor & i pilot. Thanks in advance for any help! Merry Christmas!

· Fly Fishing Shaman
6,347 Posts
Welcome. Lots of microskiff members in the Fort Myers area. I also use to live there back in the day, but now live about 1.5hrs north of there. Check out there General Discussion forum and also the Bragging forum here on microskiff to do searches on to answer your questions. I have a friend that has that same skiff and have fished off it many times and it's very capable skiff for the Ft Myers area. I think it's a little too tippy for a side console setup, unless you over compensate always with trim tabs. I'd go Motorguide Xi5 instead of the iPilot.

· Registered
2005 East Cape Gladesman. 2005 Panga Marine 22.
6,511 Posts
I live in Ft Myers and I would build it as light as possible you'll catch more fish poling than trolling down here tons of fishing pressure. That's if your looking to sight cast I would put a puck for a troller and a plug also though better to have it and not need it than try to add down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.