Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New to Florida and the microskiff community. Will be splitting my time between Cedar Key and MN's North Shore along Lake Superior. Strictly fly guy either fishing from my kayak or on foot in streams and shorelines. Sold my big boat few years back in favor of the kayak but have been wanting a smaller boat and motor. Just picked up a used, 2016 Gheenoe Super 16, 20 hsp Suzuki motor and continental trailer with a lot of extras thrown in. Everything's in great condition. boat will travel between Cedar Key and MN lakes.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Get some of that Tony's chowder,,,,awesome. Looking forward to getting down there again. Welcome, you're in a great place.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well man I think you got it covered, Gitche Gumee to the Florida Gulf Coast. Welcome to MicroSkiff! Can't help but think of the Edmond Fitzgerald when I think of Lake Superior.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome. Haven't been over to CK in a while as we have been launching our Yak's from Yankeetown lately, but Shell Mound is one of our favorite spots. It can be muddy at low tide and the air boats can break the zen of a moment, but it has always been good to me.
When I lived down in the Keys, I had a girl friend from Pelican Lake, Mn for a while and when I was a much younger man spent a summer in the Twin Cities. Beautiful State.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys. My wife and I are psyched to be here. Lots of new water and places to explore.

B

·
0 Posts
Welcome aboard! CK is a special place! Explore the Waccasassa when you can!

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,421 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you've got a good split going. Cedar Key is a cool spot and very fishy. Tight lines!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts