New Garmin Transducer not working

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by keckers19, Jul 25, 2013.

1. keckers19

keckers19 Well-Known Member

I installed my Garmin 546 with transom mount transducer a while back, but only recently mounted the transducer. I had it plugged in, but just sitting there. I would get readings this was, but I wanted to mount it in the hull like I have seen many do. I simply attached it to the inside of the hull using 4200. Now it will not give any readings... Anybody know what's going on and how to fix it?

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Air bubbles or core material blocking the signal through the hull.
    Hang it back on the transom or find an inside spot where it'll return a signal.

How to...http://www.tomneale.com/tips13.html

3. keckers19

keckers19 Well-Known Member

It worked before. I did move it further back though. Maybe the hull is thicker there.

4. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Is the transducer glued flat to the hull?

Also, it needs to be 100% sealed to the hull- as Brett pointed out, air will make it not work properly.