Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new guy from NC. Spin and fly fish, trying to concentrate more on fly fishing. Retiring this year, mid year, so hopefully will be spending a lot more time on the water. Tight lines everyone.

· Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Snook is from Pine Island Sound, FL. Am in Port Charlotte, FL now. Only one nice redfish today, things should get better as it warms up later this week.

· Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am in Holly Springs, so fish Harris Lake, and have a place in Oriental. Always looking for company while fishing, getting older and doing everything yourself becomes less enjoyable.

· I Love microskiff.com!
101 Posts
I am in Holly Springs, so fish Harris Lake, and have a place in Oriental. Always looking for company while fishing, getting older and doing everything yourself becomes less enjoyable.
If you are interested in fly fishing I would encourage you to consider joining the Triangle Fly Fishers. Try triangleflyfishers.org for info. I have several friends who are members that fish the NC coast and the group as a whole appears to be very active. I know at least 1 Holly Springs member who is a very active fly fisherman and there should be others. As for finding folks to fish the Oriental area I wouldn't think that would be a problem, especially with the trout and drum bite that has been going off in that area this year.

· Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Already a member. Is the Holly Springs member you know Troy? Put an offer on the meetup site for TFF for old drum fishing, lots of interest, but no takers, kind of like a lot of the fish I cast to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.