Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Recently purchased a 1982 14 foot Dixie Malibu, mine has the side console.
Love the little boat ,a fits nicely in the garage and should be adequate for me fishing mostly alone in the bays and rivers local to my area.
Repowered with a 40 hp Merc and jackplate. Added a trolling motor for the front and a few accessories...
Rewired the boat for lights , accessories and bildge...next need to address some fiberglass issues.
Any similar boats in this forum?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oh cool, total access to the water .yeah nice area, net you get specs in your canal , that's what I've heard
I’ve caught some small Sheepshead and baby Snook when throwing my cast net but have never caught anything but catfish in our canal. Which does seem strange because it’s loaded with mullet and baitfish.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been told if you have a light on your dock , it attracts baitfish & the specs will come up. my plan is to fish the docks with lights and see what happens....
Had an underwater green light at my previous residence and it worked great.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My brother lives on a river off the back bay in Biloxi. He has a light to attract speckled trout at night (mostly in the fall/winter). He was telling me how he'll be fishing at night, have the light on and all of a sudden "plooop" someone out on the river will throw their lure right into the lighted area. They approach with a trolling so you never hear them. So last November I was fishing at 11 pm or so, drinking beer, catching a few white trout, then ploop, plop someone in the river started throwing their lures into the light. We can't see them because we're in the lighted area. It kind of POs the people that live there (his neighbor has the same set up , by his 42 Hatteras) because we're peeing off the dock and cursing about this and that and then all of a sudden you realize you have "company."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.