Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Thanks for the add, excited to be getting into the skiff world for the first time.

Some back story about me; I am born and raised in Cape Coral. Ive had many jobs, Motorcycle fabricator, professional photographer, and now a cop. Im hoping to learn a lot from y'all and hopefully give back some to the community with my photography and fab work. Been boating all my life. Mostly bigger boats though. I've has a 04 Boston Whaler 17 Montauk, 21ft Seadoo boat, and a 1985 21ft paramount. This is my first Tiller, man is it different.

Had a long hiatus with no boats as I started my family. Decided it was time to get back on the water and get something easy so I could get my mind off work. Wanted something I could take just me and my daughter (6) and son(3) out on the water, take me and one buddy, or just go out alone. My wife, even being born on Ana Maria island and living here all her life, does not like the water or beach, so no need for anything big.

I decided to grab a gheenoe. Wanted something newer so LT25 or LT10. Looked at many boats and finally found a great LT10. Boat is raised front and rear deck, no center box, just as I wanted. The boat is loaded up 2017 Hull, 2018 Suzuki 20hp Tiller (brand new), MinnKota Riptide 45, Power Pole Micro, Brand new deep cycle battery forward mounted with Genuis charger mounted and wired up, Brand new trailer. Got it for 6k which I felt was a steal.

My wife was concerned that because of my work schedule I wouldnt have time to use it; proved her wrong so far, Ive had it two weeks and been out 6 times. I work nights so its easy to go out for a few hours in the am. I love this thing!

Many things to come, many upgrades. Planing on making a modular center arrangement so I can switch out what it has for what I'm using the boat for. Grab bar and cooler rack for me and a buddy, switched out to a low in hull bench seat for when I take the kiddos.

Loving being back on the water and how do you not like smiles like this. I mean this is what its all about right?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome! Good boat to run into narrow mangrove channels particularly away from kayak launches. Not many native Cape Coral people. We have been here for almost 10 years and feel somewhat native at this point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Good boat to run into narrow mangrove channels particularly away from kayak launches. Not many native Cape Coral people. We have been here for almost 10 years and feel somewhat native at this point.
you might as well be at this point. Excited to get out and land some fish. Havent caught anything yet, but I'm ok with just relaxing out in nature too

·
Registered
576 Posts
We have some hot spots around the river I can share. If interested, PM me and I will shoot you a few of our spots. Nothing fancy but might give you a couple good places to try out.

Interestingly behind the lock on the spreader is decent fishing. We typically catch small snook and snappers on our way in with the occasional baby tarpon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put on a new prop today. Hit a crab trap doing about 20 the other day. Wasn't good. Wrapped all around the prop. Went with a solas 10 pitch. Decided to stick with aluminum to keep the prop the weak point.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts