Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,194 Posts
Nice. Retractable e-Box? I had a teak one on the Bayshore. It was sweet, but I had to reinforce the hinge and inside the console for more stability.

·
Brandon, FL
9,286 Posts
Yes, retractable e-box, that one will have a 9” unit
That is a great job Tig.

Thought you might enjoy seeing someone else build one similar to yours. This was from a build on here before you joined.

·
Brandon, FL
9,286 Posts
How about a few pics of the skiffs that this is going in???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Waoo! Nice looking console. I am ordering a 15' skiff over here in Puerto Rico and would like to have a console just like that. Are those available for sale? I am planning for a 15Hp Mercury or Suzuki.

·
Brandon, FL
9,286 Posts
You're not a casual builder anymore.

Great looking skiff.

There is more to this story...spill the beans!

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1996 Scout 192 Sportfish
4,866 Posts
First and foremost NICE work sir! The following are just my observations from your local Curmudgeon Emeritus.

One thing that I find difficult to be comfortable with when looking at most skiffs are consoles that are too low. What do I mean? If I'm standing and running a skiff and the suicide knob is at the same level as my wedding plumbs I'd hate to run aground and knock one of those plumbs off the tree...

IMHO the hight of the Egret 167 and 187 consoles with the helm risers are high enough to run those skiffs comfortable while standing. And not pop a plumb.

Cheers
Capt. Jan

·
Brandon, FL
9,286 Posts
First and foremost NICE work sir! The following are just my observations from your local Curmudgeon Emeritus.

One thing that I find difficult to be comfortable with when looking at most skiffs are consoles that are too low. What do I mean? If I'm standing and running a skiff and the suicide knob is at the same level as my wedding plumbs I'd hate to run aground and knock one of those plumbs off the tree...

IMHO the hight of the Egret 167 and 187 consoles with the helm risers are high enough to run those skiffs comfortable while standing. And not pop a plumb.

Cheers
Capt. Jan
You add electric actuators to it so you can raise it when standing and lower it when seated...DUH! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts