Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We officially have the new Cayenne 17 tunnel out on the water.  We've spent 2 years of R&D to offer a shallow tunnel hull with leading 'V' forefoot that transitions to a zero degree deadrise at the stern.  The result in a great ride in a chop while still allowing some serious skinny running on a plane.   Poling performance is not compromised offering a 6" draft, superior tracking and spinning.

The idea was to build a skiff designed from the beginning as a tunnel poling skiff with a great ride.  Point is, if you have a skiff that performs great, you just can't plunk a tunnel insert in the mold, make it a 'tunnel hull'  and still have it perform at its best, either poling or carving tight turns on a plane in the back country.  All the design elements must be considered as a whole if you want a great tunnel skiff.

And with cambered foredeck, slight reverse shear line and very large radius reverse transom corners, it looks pretty good too!

Length - 16' 11"
Beam - 72"
Weight - 340 / 400 (depending on build)
Max hp - 60
Draft - 6/7" 2 anglers & gear (depending on build)
Tiller, Center Console & Side Console

Skiff prices starting at $7355.....

www.ankonaboats.com

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1 Posts
Sharp looking skiff. How is the ride compared to the Native when running in some chop? Any pics of the hull that show the tunnel?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I remembered to take the GPS out this time :)

With the tiller setup and Tohatsu 30 GPS showed 27-38 WOT. Skiff planes easily at 12mph and more important to me is that it stays on a plane at lower speeds while executing tight turns.

We'll be starting a build this week with center console, 60 Etec, jackplate, etc.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,913 Posts
I particularly love this skiff because it was named after my wife (pronounced the same but she spells it Cyenne). I got to see the early stages of this build and thought it was going to be a sweet ride. Seeing it finished, this is truly going to be one of those skiffs that make anglers stop and take a pause. A great addition to the Ankona lineup!! [smiley=1-thumbsup3.gif] [smiley=1-thumbsup3.gif]

·
Registered
272 Posts
This is one nice looking skiff....i really like the color also - makes me want to get one but I'd have to sell my SUV first lol.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,913 Posts
Nothing on their web site about it. Whats the skinny???
Specs are above. Website hasn't been updated yet.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,913 Posts
Nothing on their web site about it. Whats the skinny???
The website has been updated.  You can check out the Cayenne 17 and its specs.

G

·
Jon,

Are you now the new Ankona Rep. for the West Coast or more involved? Since the new skiffs are named after your wife and screen name.  ;)

What is the pricing on the Shadow Cast? Cool little skiff close to Glades Skiff Specs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts