New Bullet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by topnative2, Jan 30, 2014.

1. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/27/new-copper-bullet-explodes-on-impact-video/#!

2. Recidivists

Recidivists Looking towards the weekend!

I'd be concerned about how well it functions in your pistol, and at $2 a round it is an expensive test. How well, and often one shoots with ammo that is proven for a particular piece will determine one's success when hitting the target.  For women?!  Ha.  Even with this round an average woman won't go to the range and empty 50-100 rounds once a month (once a week would be better) to be proficient.

I'd rather be proficient with my carry or home defense piece than 'rely' on a new form of cruelty to inflict on my fellow man.  What if you want to put a round through a wall, door, car to hit the target?  Not with this round.

Copper rounds have been around for quite some time, but this one has new 'wrinkles'.  Amazing what our technology comes up with for killing each other.  [smiley=suicide.gif] [smiley=bigun2.gif]

3. topnative2

Well, I would compare how the new round shoots compared w/ a regular round--- I will make an educated guess that at the range of a typical gunfight--- there will be no difference in trajectory.
    Now , we can practice w/ the cheap stuff and carry the "new secret weapon round"

Rotate the loading of rounds, like w/ a shotgun ,if your worried about penetration....but in these days of zero lot lines it could be a solution.

Can u tell I am boared? ;)

4. Recidivists

Heh, heh... Cold and icy up there?

I meant, rather how the ammo performs through multiple cycles.  Jams?  Each gat will have a reliable go to.  Only way to tell, is to test fire multiple boxes.  My number one priority is choosing reliable ammo for my cocked and loaded.

Putting a round in someone is horrific enough.  I don't need to make him into mince meat, just take him down.

P.S.: Heaven forbid the day I ever have to fire on a man!

5. topnative2

3 inches of snow yesterday....... :eek:

Glock will digest anything!

6. Recidivists

Unless, you limp wrist it like a shock absorber.  My wife can stovepipe a Howitzer.  A heavier +P round would be my first choice if I were a woman.  That 490 ft/lb. muzzle energy for a 96 grain bullet looks great on paper, but...

P.S.: I might try some if I can ever get some. Sold out from store direct in two days.

7. topnative2

I bought my wife a ruger LCR in 22mag. because she stove pipes the first round every time from 380 up--- thus revolver w/ hornady ammo .

I believe one should
    carry what one shoots best regardless of caliber

I an a .40 fan for carry--- .45 + 12ga. for the house to start ......

and Hope it never happens

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/16/massad-ayoob-fist-vs-gun-disparity-of-force-and-the-law/

8. Recidivists

Yeah, that story reminds me of how violence just complicates arguments.

If the 'little' Mr. Gunn knew what was awaiting him outside his front door, then he would never had opened it, sans .45.  He would do that exact thing that he did before.  Call the cops.  But no, he has his equalizer.

Mr. Gunn's pride (his wife, the target of Mr. Phist's amorous affections, is now present and witness to his manhood) and his equalizer (.45) have made it acceptable to answer the door, and thus the challenge. 

He is responding to the gauntlet being thrown in his face.

A firearm makes people feel comfortable challenging others in violent situations.  Having a firearm can now bring swift finality to a violent situation, and often precludes some precautions needed to avoid said situation.  People rely on it.

Now, I'm not saying that Mr. Gunn should have been convicted of anything, but I am saying that the attitudes displayed on both ends cost a man his life.

9. topnative2

So our innocent homeowner/husband should have cowered behind his front door?

Or opened the door and let loose w/ a bat across a knee?

Sent the wife out to kick the guy in the nuts?

Cussed the guy from behind the door till he kicks it in and then shoot

Or open the door to discuss the issue like sensibile people but be prepared

so many angles!

Lets put the blame where it started......if one starts something one has to be prepared to take the blame and consequences

and the lawyers get rich

10. Recidivists

You're right, you're right...

"Send the wife out to kick the guy in the nuts?"  Lol!

All I'm saying is, if the .45 wasn't there, he probably would have called the cops like before.  The man outside was obviously not sensible.  It was his own fault for bringing a fist to a gunfight.

And something I did not consider, is that the door was probably already ajar from when his wife answered it and thus made confrontation that much more possible.

11. topnative2

time for a cold one and a knock on wood for our good fortune so far!

12. Alex4188

Alex4188 I Love microskiff.com!

Looking at it all wrong, it doesn't have the ballistics/ design to hold any pattern for accuracy. You would never use it for and it's not designed for the range, it is strictly a self defense round that is intended to be fired within a few yards of a threat not at an 8" circle 25 yards away. The design will transfer max energy (ft lbs of pressure per sq inch) in to the threat stopping them in their tracks while at the same time max damage to muscle tissue and prevent over penetration. In theory it is an awesome round! BUT years ago they out lawed "Black Talons" because they said they were "too lethal". I would not want to be judged by a jury if this bullet was used. Good luck with trying to justify what would normally be considered a justifiable shoot with an exploding bullet. Regardless of the circumstances involved you would be screwed! But that brings up the old saying "it's better to judged by 12 than carried by 6". Super cool but I’ll stick to my carry rounds.

13. topnative2

Just an fyi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon