Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took delivery of this 2018 Tournament Edition Copperhead from the great folks at Ankona Boats in Fort Pierce last August and hauled it to my home in Bokeelia, FL. Had it in the water for a week -- and put all of 6 hours on the four-stroke Suzuki DF60A -- before a medical issue forced me to put it in mothballs under my house. It has remained there ever since.

I've kept it washed and waxed, added stabilizer to the fuel and periodically recharged the batteries. It's in the same pristine condition as on the day I picked it up. Finally, after much hemming and hawing, I'm ready to sell.

The skiff rides like a dream. Though it's a compact -- 16'4" in length with a hull weight of 450 lbs. -- it's super stable and super dry. It floats in the advertised 5" of water. The aforementioned Suzuki four-stroke, which has a top speed of 40 mph, is covered until August 2024 by an extended warranty that transfers with the sale.

The boat comes with a 12-gallon aluminum gas tank, plumbed bait well, fold-down backrest, jump seat in front of the center console with storage/cooler space inside and a poling platform equipped with a detachable leaning post. The hull color is Sea Foam, the decks are a matte white.

Add-ons include a 12v 55lb.-thrust Minn Kota Co-pilot trolling motor; Power Pole Micro anchor and spike; Atlas Micro jack plate; Lenco trim tabs; Garmin EchoMap 74 navigation unit and a 22' Moonlighter carbon push pole. A 2018 Float-On aluminum trailer with spare tire and hub assembly also is part of the deal.

I have right at $31,000 invested in this Copperhead. I'm willing to let it go for $28,000. If you're interested or would like more information feel free to give me a call or shoot me a text at (561) 345-1111.

Not only will you be getting a great boat at a fair price but you'll be jumping to the head of the Copperhead line. When I bought mine last year the time from order to delivery was nearly six months.

Thanks,
Phil

SEE BELOW FOR PHOTOS

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks, Capt., I hear you. What I'm hoping is that there's someone out there who wants this exact boat, rigged in this exact way, but doesn't want to wait for the factory to complete a build. Admittedly that's probably a very, very small market. But it does occasionally happen.

Had the same situation a couple of years ago when I sold a Beavertail Mosquito with just a tad more time on it than this Copperhead. Was able to find a buyer who wanted that precise boat, and wanted it immediately, and was willing not only to pay full sticker but to drive all the way from south Texas to Pine Island to pick it up. No doubt the experience spoiled me into thinking that lightning can strike twice.
Yeah I had a similar situation earlier this year with our bay boat. Our boat before that sold in less than a week. Took me 4+ months to sell the bay boat and ended up taking a $15K haircut off my original price. Unfortunately, we don’t determine the value. The market does.

Best of luck. Beautiful boat. I love the way it’s rigged.

·
Registered
262 Posts
This Tournament Edition Copperhead isn't "like new," it is new.

I took delivery of the skiff from the great folks at Ankona Boats in Fort Pierce last Aug. 22 and hauled it to my home in Bokeelia at the north end of Pine Island. Had it in the water for a week -- and put all of 6 hours on the four-stroke Suzuki DF60A -- before storing it under my house while I headed out West to fish.

By the time I got back, what had been chronic shoulder problems had become acute and I was advised to severely limit my activity if I wanted to avoid surgery. This has meant no more casting a saltwater fly rod or poling a skiff.

The boat has been in mothballs ever since. I've kept it washed and waxed, added stabilizer to the fuel and periodically recharged the batteries. It's in the same pristine condition as on the day I picked it up. After much hemming and hawing the new reality has finally sunk in, and I'm ready to sell the boat.

The skiff rides like a dream. Though it's a compact -- 16'4" in length with a hull weight of 450 lbs. -- it's super stable and super dry. It floats in the advertised 5" of water. The aforementioned Suzuki four-stroke, which has a top speed of 40 mph, is covered until August 2024 by an extended warranty that transfers with the sale.

The boat comes with a 12-gallon aluminum gas tank, plumbed bait well, fold-down backrest, jump seat in front of the center console with storage/cooler space inside and a poling platform equipped with a detachable leaning post. The hull color is Sea Foam, the decks are a matte white.

Add-ons include a 12v 55lb.-thrust Minn Kota Co-pilot trolling motor; Power Pole Micro anchor and spike; Atlas Micro jack plate; Lenco trim tabs; Garmin EchoMap 74 navigation unit and a 22' Moonlighter carbon push pole. A 2018 Float-On aluminum trailer with spare tire and hub assembly also is part of the deal.

I have right at $30,800 invested in this Copperhead. I'm willing to let it go for $29,500. That price is as firm as a price can be. So, please, serious buyers only. If that's you, feel free to give me a call at (561) 345-1111.

Not only will you be getting a great boat at a fair price but you'll be jumping to the head of the Copperhead line. When I bought mine last year the time from order to delivery was nearly six months.

Thanks,
Phil

View attachment 76022 View attachment 76040 View attachment 76046 View attachment 76048 View attachment 76050 View attachment 76056 View attachment 76058 View attachment 76060 View attachment 76062 View attachment 76072
How long is it including the trailer? I have storage issues.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,074 Posts
People of Microskiff!
Allow me to pick your brains. I'm puzzled by the lack of reaction to what I consider a pretty nice boat. If any of you have thoughts as to what the problem might be -- the boat itself, the price, the way the ad's written, or anything else -- I would love to hear them. Most of you are undoubtedly savvier, more experience boaters than I, and your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Phil
Since you asked,
Price

·
Registered
748 Posts
People of Microskiff!
Allow me to pick your brains. I'm puzzled by the lack of reaction to what I consider a pretty nice boat. If any of you have thoughts as to what the problem might be -- the boat itself, the price, the way the ad's written, or anything else -- I would love to hear them. Most of you are undoubtedly savvier, more experience boaters than I, and your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Phil
Not only is the market for this skiff very small, the potential buyers in that market are probably very particular on options, color, power, etc. Your price only gives them an advantage in time. If I don't need a skiff tomorrow and I'm willing to wait 6 months I can get exactly what I want for almost the same price.

Plus your ad reads more like a review of a skiff. Keep it simple and list the options in bullet points. I don't want to read a story to find out what you are selling.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
347 Posts
Price is your problem. Granted it is a slightly used newer skiff, but in your price range you are competing with pedigree refurbished used skiffs like Hells Bay.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,100 Posts
I truly wish you well with your sale. That being said, I nearly bought a Copperhead several years ago as it is indeed a nice skinny water skiff, however it is definitely not a BT Mosquito. I have one & it is a fantastic, well built skiff.. Your skiff is no doubt in "like new condition" but, in reality, since you are a private seller, chances are that you just are not going to get a mfg. retail price. Someone is going to get a sweet skiff ! GLWS.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,074 Posts
I truly wish you well with your sale. That being said, I nearly bought a Copperhead several years ago as it is indeed a nice skinny water skiff, however it is definitely not a BT Mosquito. I have one & it is a fantastic, well built skiff.. Your skiff is no doubt in "like new condition" but, in reality, since you are a private seller, chances are that you just are not going to get a mfg. retail price. Someone is going to get a sweet skiff ! GLWS.
Not to keep beating a dead horse, but, that's a very nice looking boat
I've owned 2 Ankona and really liked them both
If I was going to buy another new one, I would get a simple one with no weight adding bells and whistles , and I could do that for a lot less than 30k

Wait is not that big of an issue

·
Registered
79 Posts
Want to sell the push pole? I fish Matlacha every weekend and can pick it up this upcoming weekend if you want to sell.

954-234-5098

1 - 20 of 24 Posts