SOLD/EXPIRED Need skiff and trailer for 30 hp tiller

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Capt Dan Medina, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

Ok guys, here's the story.

My uncle is pretty much one of the best men I know, hands down, period. He is a great father to both his 10 year old daughter and 7 year old son, and a great role model. When he is not working one of 3 jobs, he is doing things with his kids. He has his son in the Boy Scouts, as well as flag football. They LOVE to fish, boat, camp, etc.
    about 5 or 6 years ago, he sold the early 90s 17 foot sun dance skiff and early 1980s 70 evinrude with the thought that he would be able to buy something better down the line.

Talking with him over Xmas, I found out that the boat fund he has been saving for has evaporated. His roof at the house had to be redone, and his son was now in need of braces. A slew of other household repairs needed to be addressed, kind of crushing even the notion of a boat in the future.

Not trying to guilt anyone out there, but I am looking to try and find him a decent hull.

I have a decent little 30 hp evinrude tiller that I am going to gift him.

Ideally, I'd like to find a Carolina skiff or large aluminum Jon that can fit a cooler, camping gear, tent, sleeping bags, and his 2 kids so they can explore the backwater of whitewater bay etc. in flamingo.

If anyone has any leads into something like this, please let me know. I don't have much cash, but may be able to barter some fishing gear or combination thereof.

Thanks,

Dan

2. GSSF

GSSF I love my microskiff

Cool deal- Neat of you to gift an outboard for such a cool guy that wants to immerse the kids in fishing. Great circumstances for us Craigslist combers to send something your way, should it suit you. Good luck and thanks for the challenge. I'll be lookin' !!!!!

3. Capt Dan Medina

Gssf, thank you.
    my uncle is the one who took me fishing the majority of a time as a kid, and I am eternally grateful. If I still lived in Miami, I would be taking my cousins and uncle out on the regular. 

As a side note: last February, my then 6 yr old cousin decided last year for his birthday that he wanted to come over here to the west coast and go fishing with "big Daniel"...  We fished matlacha under some very windy conditions, but we did manage to get him on some decent trout and sheepshead action. 
    He has already decided he wants to come here again this year for his birthday.... Hoping to have a rig ready for them to take back by February.

4. danville_marine

danville_marine I Love microskiff.com!

capt I have a 14' v hull 5'wide and trailer he ran a 25 hp when I bought it I don't need it I have to many if interested im coming to pine island 2nd week in feb I can do pic

5. Capt Dan Medina

Keel, would love to see some pics.

6. danville_marine

i'll take some today suppose to warm up latter maybe 25 i'll get some and post

7. GSSF

Been looking around CL an nothing's caught my eye just yet. Will pm you a link if I find something up your alley.

8. Capt Dan Medina

Thanks... I'm keeping my eyes open as well.

9. herrin

herrin Heed the Call

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/boa/4255061178.html
    http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/boa/4261660179.html
    http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/4230045557.html
    Good Luck :cool:

10. Capt Dan Medina

Jr, good looks. Sent emails on bottom 2

11. Capt Dan Medina

Still looking guys... Called quite a few boats and don't seem to get calls back... Gotta love craigslist!

12. GSSF

True that.  These deadbeat sellers are something else.  Unreturned emails and calls, and unanswered texts-  then, you see that they update the ad....it's like , WHAT?  I am contacting this person trying to buy their stuff and they won't acknowledge me, but then they take the time to update their ad?  Unreal.

13. danville_marine

sorry capt had the flu
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cant tell much for the white stuff