Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short. I took my Power-tech prop to a local shop to get I resized with an inch more pitch. What I got back was a prop that had completely different cup and other aspects making it perform completely different than the stock power-tech scd.
Just wondering if anyone knows of any good prop shops that can bring back a worked over prop to stock or similar conditions.

I was able to look at my friends exact same power-tech prop and it has completely different features than mine.

Thanks in advance
Austin

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,975 Posts
Long story short. I took my Power-tech prop to a local shop to get I resized with an inch more pitch. What I got back was a prop that had completely different cup and other aspects making it perform completely different than the stock power-tech scd.
Just wondering if anyone knows of any good prop shops that can bring back a worked over prop to stock or similar conditions.

I was able to look at my friends exact same power-tech prop and it has completely different features than mine.

Thanks in advance
Austin
What pitch are u looking for?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like a 16 or 17. Mine is like a cupped 18/19. Not sure quite what the prop guy did. Amazing hole shot

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,394 Posts
Do you need Jack’s number? I wouldn’t recommend him if he wasn’t reputable. You mentioned you were willing to send it off.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea. I got in touch with him. He didn’t really want to make me a speed prop. I only semi hate shallow water, Louisiana has soft mud

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He makes custom props for all kinds of motors, he straight up denied selling you a speed prop? That sounds out of character for Jack.
No sir.
He told me that the scd would be a good baseline to start with given my request for speed over crazy holeshot. Along with my motor on jackplate not being as high as he would recommend.. This was a few months back that I spoke to him. Super knowledgeable guy, who knows exactly how to set up a prop. Wish I would have just got a custom prop from him, and moved my jackplate higher on my skiff.
Now I just need my scd prop back to stock setup after a local prop shop put their spin on what they thought it should look like.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,394 Posts
No sir.
He told me that the scd would be a good baseline to start with given my request for speed over crazy holeshot. Along with my motor on jackplate not being as high as he would recommend.. This was a few months back that I spoke to him. Super knowledgeable guy, who knows exactly how to set up a prop. Wish I would have just got a custom prop from him, and moved my jackplate higher on my skiff.
Now I just need my scd prop back to stock setup after a local prop shop put their spin on what they thought it should look like.
Yeah Jack wants your motor set up how he wants it according to what prop he makes for your specific rig. If you take his prop and change something then call him complaining that the prop isn’t performing he will get irritated. He’s a funny guy but knows what he’s doing with props no doubt.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have not personally used this guy, but he came highly recommended by someone who is obsessed with small outboard / boat performance. I do intend to use him when I get my skiff if needed, good luck.

RAY HEBERT
Precision Propellers
2798 Highway 14 East
Lake Charles, LA 70607
Phone: (337) 478-7443

1 - 20 of 22 Posts