Need Plumber ASAP

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Michael, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Michael

Michael I Love microskiff.com!

We need someone licensed etc to check out our condo. The Condo association says we are causing a leak in apartments below us. The problem is that the shower that they say caused the leak has not been used in 10 years so the leak has to be coming from somewhere else. I need a pro to evaluate the leak ASAP. email mtd885@yahoo.com for my cell number.

2. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Get ahold of Dave, NoeEttica.

3. GTSRGTSR

GTSRGTSR Well-Known Member

Where do you live?

4. Michael

5. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

it is very possible that the shower is indeed leaking. its obviously not the drain as you state it hasnt been used in 10 years which that in itself is a cause for concern but a different point of discussion for a different topic but basically you have water lines that run in that wall that supply water to a valve and thats propbably where the water is coming from... my suggestion is to get someone in there asap to access the situation cause if you've never experienced a flood in a muliti level building trust me you dont want to ;)

6. Michael

Have you got Dave's phone number?

7. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

MTD: PM responded to.

8. Michael

Thanks all we found someone.

9. mark_gardner

let us know what he finds :)

10. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

That's Good ...

I left a message ...

Take a 2 Foot level and Mark out a square behind the Valve ...

Carefully remove square (shallow cut)

Could also be water Dribbling Down a Vent Stack ...

11. Michael

There is a crack in a pipe from our spare shower to the main pipe we are told we are responsible for. We found a guy who came out and verified it. I told the manager that I'm certain the water came from elsewhere because we don't use the spare shower, haven't had to in 10 years. The Plumber said that there's likely another leak above which drained down. They'll get wise when the leak continues even after we fix our pipe! If I had three wishes they would all be to get out of this condo. The condo board here are the nastiest, narcissistic and cruelest humans I've ever met.  :mad: Dave got your message, we found a guy to do the job. I appreciate the response...michael

12. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Dave,

You a plumber? I have some work for you. Send me your number.

Thanks

13. mark_gardner

you wanna run that shower every once in a while to keep water in the p trap (drain) otherwise it evaporates and allows sewer gases to enter the room...

14. Michael

Thanks South Bound will do. I never thought of that! Since the cat box is in there (we change it every day) I never noticed anything! Live and learn!

15. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Pull up the strainer and Install a test Plug EZ PEEZY