Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new Quicksilver hose headed my way and I need to adapt the tank end to my Moeller 3 gallon tank. The tank has a male fitting on it currently, but needs female for the new hose. Anyone know of a fitting that will work with a Quicksilver 8M0061885 Fuel Line Assembly? Thanks!

-- Carl

Attachments

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Your local Merc dealer should have what you need (or have a part number...). Let us know if I'm right since this has to be an issue they've seen before... Failing that, go to a very well stocked marine hardware store, bringing your new hose with you for a bit of McGuyvering... which might just include a new end for that new hose - and a complimentary new fitting on that gas tank...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the McGuyvering approach last time to get what I have now. I am suspicious that fitting is leaking, so I wanted to go with a Mercury one this time around. Probably asking for too much to match the tank and the hose end with one fitting. I guess I could do a short hose between a tank fitting and the mate for the hose. I like being able to detach the hose from the tank when I throw it in the car to fill up.

-- Carl

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Use a brass hose barb
(from any hardware store)
If you don't need to disconnect it from the tank. No drips, runs or errors.

3gal tank.jpg

Spare tank, 3 gal Moeller I just happened to receive delivery of.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As much as I like the detachable hose assembly, it's just one more thing to fail. I'm leaning in the "hose barb with permanent hose" direction. Thanks for making me think it through!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
And with the right size wrench it will take only a moment to remove that fuel hose and hook it up to a second tank if you keep one aboard...

I haven't had any motors that came with those "quick disconnect hose ends" in many, many years (I haven't run any small motors since the early eighties...) but I still remember how occasionally the quick disconnect ends would come un-done or allow air into the fuel line. Using a direct connection eliminates even the possibility....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts