Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Need advice.....

4K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  Unplugged 
#1 ·
should I put a yeti sticker over my NRA sticker or should I put an NRA sticker over the Yetu?

Cause I really care about what y’all and everyone else thinks of me when you pass my slow ass on the interstate.

#9 ·
Ok
For the record I support neither yeti or the nra. Or rtic.

I do have an old sage sticker on my truck and a Microskiff sticker.

So I can’t say I’m stickerless.

I just think it’s funny when folks get all up in arms about this stuff.

From my perspective both the NRA and Yeti just want your money

And they are both willing to give you a sticker for it.

#13 ·
Ok
For the record I support neither yeti or the nra. Or rtic.

I do have an old sage sticker on my truck and a Microskiff sticker.

So I can’t say I’m stickerless.

I just think it’s funny when folks get all up in arms about this stuff.

From my perspective both the NRA and Yeti just want your money

And they are both willing to give you a sticker for it.
I agree. If a company wants your support shouldn't they give you a hat and sticker for free? It is in fact advertising.

G
#10 ·
Can’t say I’m stickerless myself. I just won’t pay to advertise for someone. If something has a company name or logo on it then I typically leave it. My truck is debadged but only because I had to to repaint and never replaced. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a sticker Nazi either. I say if you like something then go with it, who are we to judge. That said, I do support the NRA, I am the NRA, NRA is it’s members fighting for our 2nd ammendment rights! Yeti can do as they please also, I have no vested interest in Yeti. If my NRA does something I disagree with they hear about it.

#12 ·
I have an NRA sticker on the back window of my truck. No stickers on my boat other than the names on the coolers. Don't know why people have the need to put stickers on a striping basket, will that help to catch more fish

Reactions: flysalt060
#17 ·
I have a sticker from Texas A&M former students on my truck and a sticker from a local clothing brand that I like and have known the owner for years on my Vantage. It's on the front hatch on the inside. There are East Cape Vantage stickers on the sides of the hull but they came "free" with the boat...:cool:

#18 ·
Cover them both with the biggest “PATAGONIA” Fitzroy sticker you can afford. Than people will KNOW you fly fish, love nature, and you’re cool...

That said my wife has a Seafoam Yeti cooler, with about 50 stickers on it, the front and center middle one being the Patagonia Trout... all he stickers were “free” however. Of course my NRA lifetime sticker wasn’t cheap.

Real point is on run no stickers on my vehicles or boats, why increase your chances of a conflict. But coolers, well now they’re fair game hahahaha. This is a pretty funny thread. Nice work.

#23 ·
I’m not hating on anyone that likes slapping a bunch of stickers on a cooler or stripping bucket, it’s just not something you want if you are fishing areas where the potlickers are as bad as they are here. It’s always cool when you leave the ramp or an area and have a tailer. I’ve run circles around an island a couple of times just to see if they would follow suit and sure enough...it’s funny that after the second round they catch on and shoot off on a tangent and you don’t see them the rest of the day.

G
#24 ·
They usually run hard aground when they follow me! I have even tried pointing towards deeper water for them but they seem to insist on following directly behind me and crunch. I say if stickers are your thing then have at it, if not... that’s cool too.

#33 ·
I have a sticker on my older Suburban from the Fly Fisherman in Titusville (out of business) that says "Stop Global Whining". It was free. I won't buy stickers to advertise for a company or product, or pay $30 for a t-shirt that advertises for the company that made it. Seems like there were a lot of people named Tommy at one time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.