Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a big birthday coming up in 18 months and I am trying to plan a fishing trip and invite some old friends and maybe get some guides for a couple of days. I have not decided on a location, but I like inshore sight fishing and also fly-fishing. My ideal species would be tarpon, bonefish, snook.

I am trying to plan the trip at the end of April. I am thinking I will probably stay in Florida, although I am open to international recommendations as well.

Where is a good place to fish in April for these types of fish that also has nearby accommodations that would be acceptable to my better half?

·
Registered
792 Posts
If staying state side definitely islamorada. Feel free to reach out to me, I am a guide down here and would be happy to help or answer any questions you may have. 9five4 6eight4 2seven05

Alonzo

·
Registered
866 Posts
Oh I missed the accommodations for better half part. I would still say Everglades but maybe stay in Marco or Naples area. You probably wouldn’t find bones but tarpon, snook and reds are definitely there then. Good captains available there as well

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,796 Posts
Depending on what else you want (hotel, restaurants, night life?) perhaps Miami. You could fish Biscayne Bay several days for bonefish, permit, tarpon, even reds and snook are possible. Several very good guides to work with and the hotels and restaurants are world class.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts