Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys unfortunately I am getting old and have had to resort to prescription sunglasses. It has been game changer but I have to have progressive lenses. I currently am fishing costa glass 580 in green mirror amber lens but need low light lenses. I wanted to try smith chroma pop ignitor but no progressive lenses. My choices I think are maui ht or costa silver low light. I am thinking the ht based on looking through non rx lenses but would like real on the water experience. any advice? thanks

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
I wear Costa 580G silver mirrors on cloudy days, early morning and evening and green mirrors during the day on the flats. Never tried the sunrise lens though.

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
849 Posts
Have you considered just single vision correction and keep some cheaters for knot tying? I actually don’t need cheaters but do have to pull my glasses off for small things.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
funny watching this. i think ignitors are great lens but no progressive rx. i have the green costas in progressive , great for nl sun. i went with maui ht for the low light, costas with yellow tint i did not care for. let you know how it works out. thanks for the input

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just ordered the Smith Guide’s Choice Chromapop Plus Ignitors (pinkish lens’s) as a they came highly recommended from a guide I’ve fished with in the past. The frames and Rx lenses are currently 40% off on Smith’s website. Understand they don’t make progressives, but can buy a lot of cheaters for $200..

·
I Love microskiff.com!
474 Posts
I just ordered the Smith Guide’s Choice Chromapop Plus Ignitors (pinkish lens’s) as a they came highly recommended from a guide I’ve fished with in the past. The frames and Rx lenses are currently 40% off on Smith’s website. Understand they don’t make progressives, but can buy a lot of cheaters for $200..
I don't mean to disappoint you but the regular Igniters are not even close to the Low Light Igniters or the Copper Polarchromic for that matter. I have all three pairs in the boat with me and my go to regardless what the conditions are is always the LL Igniters and if its extremely bright for several hours, I switch to the Copper Photocromics for an hour or two just to give my eyes a little break. I only use my Igniters for driving, they just don't provide the same color separation on the flats as the other two.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well im pissed called smith and was told by the rep they only did regular and not progressives plus maui ht 930 bummer oh well im all in now too late thanks should have done more recon

1 - 20 of 39 Posts