Need a Kill Bag Cooler

Discussion in 'General Fishing' started by No Bait / Lures Only, Dec 2, 2017.

1. No Bait / Lures Only

No Bait / Lures Only I Love microskiff.com!

I don't have any experience with the kill bag coolers and need a little help. Where I fish the Red Fish take up toooo much room in my cooler because I also fish trout. The Kill Bag seems like another way to handle the red fish size....any one with experience? Please advise...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  2. Smackdaddy53

Smackdaddy53 Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!

3. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

SmackDaddy is right, get a Canyon Bag if you want one of if not the best fish bags made:

http://www.fishbagsandstuff.com/catalog/item/8882976/10331205.htm

Easy to clean, easy to stow and extremely well constructed. If you decide to sell it, you won't have any trouble finding buyers. They work very well for your intended purpose.

4. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

I've been using this for the last 2 years or more. Flawless and holds ice all day and more.

20161229_141324.jpg

5. brianBFD

brianBFD Active Member

I use a 24 size Polar Bear Cooler Bag for tournament weigh ins and on my kayak. It keeps ice all day and is a much cheaper alternative to the Yeti soft side cooler bag. Right now Polar Bear has their cooler bags 2 for 1. This bag will easily hold a couple of upper slot reds. You won't be able to keep them straightened out though.
    http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/product/24-pack.html

No Bait / Lures Only likes this.
  6. tailchaser16

tailchaser16 Well-Known Member

I use a Costco cooler bag under $20.00. I put 1 bag of ice and two reds in contractor bag and then in the cooler bag and it lasts all day. Contractor bag eliminates cleaning at the end of the day.

[​IMG]

commtrd, firecat1981 and Fritz like this.
  7. Megalops

Megalops Rex Kwan Do Dojo

I'm ashamed to say Devrep keeps his kill bag much cleaner than mine but I have the exact same bag. Spend the money. It is bullet proof. I've stuffed mine with sheeps, no punctures, and man does it hold ice nicely.

Capt. Eli Whidden likes this.
  8. No Bait / Lures Only

No Bait / Lures Only I Love microskiff.com!

Well the wife showed up with an old Sams cooler bag, it will have to do for now as I am starting to purchase my night fishing gear. Retired now so not as many toys now...

9. jmrodandgun

jmrodandgun Well-Known Member

I destroyed a few bags before buying the Canyon. Had I bought it from the get-go I would have saved a few hundred dollars. Buy once, cry once.

My friend likes the reliable bags. They seem to be made from the same stuff. Ice mules have worked well in a pinch a few times also.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Smackdaddy53 likes this.