Need a classic car painted

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by iMacattack, Jul 14, 2009.

1. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

In the coming weeks I will inherit one of my late grandfathers classic cars. It's a 1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible. It had been garage kept for the past 20+ years that I know of. Over all the body is straight, clean and rust free. Trunk is clean and rust free. It has the GTO front clip so it's kind of a cool looking car. There are a few spots that have some light surface rust. There are a few scratches in it. I would guess the body work would be light. The car was painted about 15+ years ago if my memory serves me correctly. But it needs to be redone. I would like to find someone to help me get her looking good again. I'm not looking to make a show car, just make her look decent. 

Here is a picture of what it looks like. This is not his car but it looks exactly the same as his. The color of the car is yellow with a white top. It does not have the Rally wheel.

Recommendation for a local (south florida) person welcome.

[​IMG]

2. Lil_Tate

Lil_Tate Well-Known Member

nice car and better yet from you grandfather.
    treat it well (although I am sure you will)

3. iMacattack

Thanks... Not sure what we're going to do with it in the long run. But for now we (wife, son and I) want to keep it and enjoy cruising the beach with the top down. Needs some interior work, but not much. Engine and drive train look and sound solid. It's sat for months and there are no pools of fluids under the car. I got it to start up and took it around the block. All systems check out. Looks like he put a new radiator in it recently so I'm sure it's ok. It's not in perfect condition, but for a 36 year old car it's in ok condition.

4. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

Sebok's Custom Cycles
    1970 W 9th Street,
    West Palm Beach, FL 33404
    (561) 848-1056

This Guy did all my old Jeep CJ7's and some custom paint on my Scuba Tanks. He is a bit of a motor head and will like your rag top.

5. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

Whatever you do... keep that baby forever! That needs to be kept in the family, even if your great grandchildren can only use it as a conversation piece.

Man, don't leave it out of your sight for too long when you take it out. The old ones are so easy to steal and very tempting given the market for classics. It could end up as an "original" GTO on craigslist.

6. billhempel

billhempel Well-Known Member

You might check with R & S Automotive in Oakland Park, Fl. Steve Norris Sr. . He is a mechanic for a lot of old cars, hot rods, performance, etc. Steve would likely know what direction to send you for great paint job. He's got a great repro Ford '31 flat bed drag truck that's his daily driver. His son Steve Jr.is no slouch either, M-F 8-4 954-563-9805

7. iMacattack

I think I've seen his truck. He's off 5th ave I think?

8. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Hello Jan,
    I paint cars for a living.
    I can give you a good price.
    And although you said you're not looking for a show car finish, I specialize in show cars. lol
    But I will get it looking right for a good price.
    You can check out some of my work at:
    www.myspace.com/sprayinthakandy

I can give you a forum member price. ;)

9. billhempel

billhempel Well-Known Member

Yup. Bright Tweety Bird Yellow. Huge slicks. Known Steve Sr. for at least 20 years. I was speaking to some of the guys at T&R Tackle yesterday who are huge car nuts and they were very aware of R&S Automotive.

10. iMacattack

Oh boy... let's see, regular price X2 (-) 10%? ;D

It's going to be a couple weeks before I can go get it. I need to get a car trailer so I can drive up to central Florida and bring it down here.

As soon as I get it I'll start getting quotes.

Thanks

11. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

We can work a deal for some more Microskiff stickers. lol

12. iMacattack

That's going to be a LOT of stickers! :D

13. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just wrap the car with a microskiff logo ;D

14. iMacattack