NAVY SEAL Muster XXIV - (Lots-O-Pix)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by iMacattack, Nov 8, 2009.

1. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Saturday was the Navy SEAL Muster XXIV at the Navy SEAL museum in Ft. Pierce. The day started off with th traditional color guard and speeches. Special speaker was Captain Richard Phillips from the Maersk Alabama.

[​IMG]

Just in case you were completely out of touch with news during the month of April...

How did it end?

The speakers were all good and best of all, short. Though I did like how one speaker closed his comments with a tribute to the veterans of all engagements the SEALs have operated in. From WWI to Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and all other places NOT mentioned in the news paper. ;)

After the ubiquitous speeches there was a quick history of the SEALs in action which started off with a BANG!

[​IMG]

Then the helios entered the picture with the SEALs demonstrating their fast rope technique.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then they hooked up and left the LZ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is our son next to my uncles wet suit he donated from his time with the SEALs. NASA used SEALs to jump in the water and hook up the capsules during the Apollo missions.
    [​IMG]

The helios landed in the parking lot and everyone got a chance to check them out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok if not a SEAL maybe a fly boy!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They also were doing a live fire (blanks) with a lot of the firearms the SEALs use. There would be random 3-5 round bursts from typical light arms and some 50 cals... then they light up the GAU-17/A Minigun mounted on a Special Operations Craft-Riverine (SOC-R).! HOLY CRAP!!!! This thing is LOUD!
    [​IMG]

Minigun Specifications
    Action: Electrically-Powered Six-Barrel Rotary Weapon
    Cartridge: 7.62x51mm
    Feed System: 1000
    Muzzle Velocity: 2,800ft/sec (853m/sec)
    Cyclic Rate-of-Fire: 4,000 rds/min
    Effective Range: 3,280ft (1,000m; 1,093yds)
    Sights: Fixed

It was a long day and everyone had fun. On the drive home out little frog man was tuckered out!
    [​IMG]

2. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

Geez, look at the brass falling from the mini.
    4000 rounds per min [smiley=bigun2.gif] is bad azz.

3. iMacattack

I count 13 shell casings in that picture which was shot at 1/500 of a sec exposure if I remember correctly.

4. iMacattack

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-p6DYS8Q78[/media]

Same gun just mounted on a Humvee