Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email, from Navionics, stating i would lose everything if i didn't update my account. So i went to their website via the link. First they wanted to sell me something but i think i updated my information. My question is what would i lose? My Navionics chip is in my Lowrance GPS and i dont think they can disable it. I think this was an attempt to try to sell me something. It almost appeared that you needed to purchase something but i think i got around it. Did anyone else get this email?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
223 Posts
I received an email, from Navionics, stating i would lose everything if i didn't update my account. So i went to their website via the link. First they wanted to sell me something but i think i updated my information. My question is what would i lose? My Navionics chip is in my Lowrance GPS and i dont think they can disable it. I think this was an attempt to try to sell me something. It almost appeared that you needed to purchase something but i think i got around it. Did anyone else get this email?
I'd call them.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yes, I got several emails telling me that. I don't believe we can lose any information on our chips. It may affect the ability to download updates on those chips. I also have the navionics app on my phone. So I don't know which account they are referring to. I don't think I can lose anything on the phone because it's a yearly subscription.

·
Registered
473 Posts
not received anything ....

·
I Love microskiff.com!
38 Posts
They cannot do anything to your chips. More than likely, if you recently purchased a card, your free (not really free because you bought the card) updates for the designated time period is expiring, or perhaps they are cleaning up dormant accounts(which is unlikely as well). They are probably blasting out emails "fishing" so that they can get more marketing info in front of you. Not a bad idea to call them to verify that it was them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts