Navionics Launches Mobile 2.1 for iPhone

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by iMacattack, Jun 19, 2009.

1. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

June 16, 2009

Navionics Launches Mobile 2.1 for iPhone

Share the fun!

If you know Navionics, you’re aware of our reputation for employing some of the best engineers and innovators in the marine chart business – in fact, we have the awards to prove it. But this summer we’ll be hitting the water with the newest version of our Mobile App created specifically for iPhone users. It doesn’t matter whether you’re an expert mariner already familiar with Navionics Charts or a novice navigator, you can unleash the fun of boating with Navionics Mobile Charts for a ridiculously low price, and that includes Tides and Currents too!

Now, for those of you of a more practical nature – we haven’t forgotten about you. You can plan your next on-the-water excursion anytime or anywhere because the charts reside permanently on the iPhone. You can place a geotagged picture (nerd translation: photo evidence) of where you caught all those fish, and email them to your disbelieving friends. I guess that might be categorized as fun, but you get the idea – literally – and so will your friends.

Just think, for the price of a couple of burgers you’re just a few low-calorie taps away from visiting your favorite ports or secret fishing spots - you could be planning a route, setting waypoints, checking tides & currents, and searching for Marinas. That’s a lot of fun and a lot less fattening!

You can’t beat this list of features:
    Display Track and up to 99 Waypoints on a Route
    Digital Markers
    Geotag Photos
    Email your Photos, Tracks & Routes
    The largest database of specialty marine POI available
    Click and call on POI
    . . . and sooooooo much more.

Compatible with iPhone 3G
    iPod touch (2nd generation) is compatible but with limited functionality (no GPS, no Call)
    Requires iPhone 2.2.1 Software Update

Learn more about Navionics and all our Mobile products on our website.

About Navionics®:
    For 25 years, Navionics has developed and manufactured electronic navigation charts and systems for marine, inland lakes and rivers, and for outdoors use. Navionics is based in Massarosa, Italy, and operates sales and manufacturing facilities in seven countries - conducting research and development, operations, production, sales, marketing and distribution. Navionics headquarters in Massarosa, Italy serves Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania, and manages the research, development, and production facilities globally. Navionics US headquarters, based in Wareham, Massachusetts, oversees the Americas. Navionics UK and Navionics Australia provide sales and distribution to their local regions.

2. kdhs10

kdhs10 Well-Known Member

I need to find some wifi so I can update mine.

3. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

I've been playing with it.. very cool. I use it now as my tide tool and plan trips. Not bad for a few bucks!

4. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

Indeed. The Navionics US East is sweet. Especially for #5. I also bought a seperate tide app called Tide Graph 2.0. Badass. Check it out Jan.