Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older (2008ish) nautilus reel and I want to buy an additional spool for it. I’m going to reach out to them but I figured I’d ask here too, does anyone know if their newer spools will fit their older reels?

The serial number is G5062.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
There have been several changes over the years with Nautilus reels - all meant to enhance every part of their products... Contact them directly and they'll advise just what's needed for whatever model you have..

An extra thing you can do is to look up the exact model Nautilus reel you have... on E-Bay... You might get lucky and find a spare spool for your model listed there and maybe, just maybe - a bargain...

Good luck. I can't say enough good things about Nautilus reels and the service they provide their customers. I have a half dozen of them in hard commercial service - they've been flawless.

It helps that they're about 30 minutes from my house, and do everything in house... Who ever thought that a metal fabrication outfit would be as quiet as a church ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There have been several changes over the years with Nautilus reels - all meant to enhance every part of their products... Contact them directly and they'll advise just what's needed for whatever model you have..

An extra thing you can do is to look up the exact model Nautilus reel you have... on E-Bay... You might get lucky and find a spare spool for your model listed there and maybe, just maybe - a bargain...

Good luck. I can't say enough good things about Nautilus reels and the service they provide their customers. I have a half dozen of them in hard commercial service - they've been flawless.

It helps that they're about 30 minutes from my house, and do everything in house... Who ever thought that a metal fabrication outfit would be as quiet as a church ?
Also, I should tell you Captain, that the reason I need the spare spool is I followed your advice on using an intermediate for tarpon holding deep and got a couple of nice takes on your black tarpon snake. I was still in the learning mode though so I was using a 9 weight and was not able to properly set the hook. I definitely brought a knife to a gunfight that day.

i got the strike though, and that’s a solid first step. So I dug out my 11 weight and just got an intermediate line for it. It may be a few months before the tarpon are back in my area, but I’ll be ready next time.

i also learned how to tie that tarpon snake so I’ll have a few ready to go.

Thanks as always for the excellent advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts