Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nautilus CCF-X2 6/8 reel in black and comes with: box, warranty, sticker, hex wrench, reel pouch and 200 yards of Seaguar threadlock 50# hollowcore backing with a spliced loop that was professionally spooled. The reel is in excellent condition and could pass for new. In full disclosure, I did take it out on a day trip to fish for stripers on the American River and when not in use, the reel was placed in its protective pouch. I checked over the reel very carefully and the only blemish I found was a tiny scratch in the coat that you would need to really be up close to see (second pic at 2 o’clock. Please ignore the dust). I had hoped that this would be on my primary 8wt setup but this reel does not balance well with my 8wt rod.

$450 OBO

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just out of curiosity, was the reel too light or too heavy on your 8 weight rod? Was considering the reel for my Sage Maverick.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too heavy. I'm a 5' 5" female and have a bit of carpool tunnel so I need something a little lighter.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ross Evolution R 7/8 which I just received back from Ross. They upgraded it with new parts so it is as corrosion resistant as their salt version. The Evo R salt has 25# drag but also 2 ounces heavier. The Evo R puts out 10# drag so plenty for any 8wt rod, plus it only weighs 5.2oz. The drag knob/plate is non-traditional which might be a deal breaker for some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts