My tunnel hull canoe

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by Neil, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Neil

Neil I Love microskiff.com!

Hey guys, Last year i bought this tunnel hull canoe hybrid and have really enjoyed fishing out of it. I have a trolling motor for it and may get an outboard. It was made by NV boats that is no longer in business in bartow FL. It is 16 ft long and really stable with 2 fisherman. I would like to put a back deck in and possibly extend the front. I have never done any fiberglass work before so any input will be appreciated. My 1st question is since the topcoat is chipping away does it have to be completely removed before you put new topcoat down?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/neil717/photo2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

2. Neil

3. Neil

4. Dadvocate

Dadvocate If it ain't broke tweak it a little....

Not alot of experince but my project came out pretty solid.

If not started already. Go to Bateau website and read or watch all the tutorials.Then look in the forum section for any similar applications. This will save you time, materials and money later. Then when you have been educated the DIY experts on here can fine tune your plans.

To answer your question I think that a bare fiberglass to a marine epoxy will be the best bond.

5. Neil

Thanks, will do.