My SS Islamorada 18

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by George_Sawley, Feb 6, 2014.

1. George_Sawley

George_Sawley I Love microskiff.com!

No disrespect to management here! Easier to add a link then add a photo....
    http://www.tribenwater.com/forums/chittum-skiffs/3131-my-ss-skiff.html

Not sure how many of you guys would like what I am going to do for myself but figured I would put it out there.

Hoping to cruise at least 25mph with a 20hp I know most don't consider 18' a micro but is it the size of the boat or what its powered with?   

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

That's crazy, sickening, and badass all at the same time
    Keeping that puppy that light will let it draft in a puddle

3. Ginclear

Ginclear I Love microskiff.com!

I like the direction this skiff is exploring !

4. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

If no deck support....why have a deck at all? The deck is an obstacle at this point. If that hull was mine, I'd give it 8" of gunnel all the way around and a flat little area on the hull floor for casting and call it a day...

5. byrdseye

byrdseye Well-Known Member

Looks great, George. Keep us posted.

6. George_Sawley

George_Sawley I Love microskiff.com!

I see what you are getting at there oysterbreath but 8 inch would take the spray rail away. There will be support for the deck. Deck will be reinforced to hold a Spider or regular casting platform. Plus bags can be thrown under the decks and rod racks will be under side decks. I was thinking about cutting about 2 inches or so off the shear of a hull, removing the spray rails then re attaching then at about have of their depth. Might also narrow up the boat a few inches, but need to play with this boat first to see what we get.

But if you had interest in having a boat like that you let us know we would be happy to customize one for you.