Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No disrespect to management here! Easier to add a link then add a photo....
http://www.tribenwater.com/forums/chittum-skiffs/3131-my-ss-skiff.html

Not sure how many of you guys would like what I am going to do for myself but figured I would put it out there.

Hoping to cruise at least 25mph with a 20hp I know most don't consider 18' a micro but is it the size of the boat or what its powered with?   

·
Cert. Yamaha technician
4,330 Posts
That's crazy, sickening, and badass all at the same time
Keeping that puppy that light will let it draft in a puddle

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
If no deck support....why have a deck at all? The deck is an obstacle at this point. If that hull was mine, I'd give it 8" of gunnel all the way around and a flat little area on the hull floor for casting and call it a day...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see what you are getting at there oysterbreath but 8 inch would take the spray rail away. There will be support for the deck. Deck will be reinforced to hold a Spider or regular casting platform. Plus bags can be thrown under the decks and rod racks will be under side decks. I was thinking about cutting about 2 inches or so off the shear of a hull, removing the spray rails then re attaching then at about have of their depth. Might also narrow up the boat a few inches, but need to play with this boat first to see what we get.

But if you had interest in having a boat like that you let us know we would be happy to customize one for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts