Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not a true microskiff or skiff at all, but I thought I'd share my boat. It's a 1448 Tracker Grizzly powered by a new 20hp merc. Here's what I've done to it.
-Added tiller console with Garmin echomap 73cv and switch panel
-Wired bilge pump, nav lights, and anchor light to the panel
-Added Minnkota edge 45 trolling motor
-added superstick push pole
-installed rod strap
-installed power tilt and trim unit
Last thing (for now) that i'm going to do is lay some seadek on the front and back decks. I also may shorten the grab bar a few inches so I can see over it when sitting down too.
Big thanks to the people on here that have given me advice and inspiration.
bow.jpg
stern.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Love it! Sweet, simple, durable!

Reactions: HenryTinSkiff

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,185 Posts
Those are some very useful modifications. Nice. Where are your home waters? Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great looking stout boat. How fast will it go with the 20 hp?
Alone 26 two people 24. That was before I added tilt and trim hoping to squeeze a few more out of that.

Those are some very useful modifications. Nice. Where are your home waters? Enjoy the ride.
Home waters in north Texas. Go to Virginia Beach for a while in the summer though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been having a blast out of this thing. Got the Seadek cut and installed. Much easier than I thought it would be.
Heres a few pictures and a very short video of me running.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would have guessed 21mph tops, thats a 560 pound boat! Impressive setup.
Keep in mind these are top speeds. This was when I had practically no gear in the boat. One battery and I’m a small guy. Now it’s more like 21 when loaded with 2 guys.
Sick boat man!
Thank you! It’s one of a kind for sure haha.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Henry, I just saw an old thread you had posted about Tilt & Trim vs Jack Plate; are you happy with the tilt and trim, or do you feel that you need a jack plate? And what model trim plate did you end up going with?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm happy that I went with the Tilt and Trim, but pissed off about the unit at the moment. Still haven't been able to use it. Got it installed and everything but first use, tiniest bit of salt got on the relays. My jon boat doesnt have a dry area to put them so they got wet. New harness costs $140. Read somewhere to do away with their whole harness and use a winch solenoid so that's what I'm gonna do but not great experience. Operator error but nonetheless disappointing that I haven't been able to get some use out of it and save my back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts