Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
SeaArk 1860 MVT
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been putting this boat together over the past 3 months. I ordered just a Hull and rigged it myself- it’s a pretty simple setup.
Hull: SeaArk 1860 MVT
Engine: 60 hp Mercury with the big tiller kit.
I gutted the front and rear decked areas, removed the foam and installed hatches.
A friend of mine built me the polling platform.
Trolling motor is a 24V I pilot with the batteries up in the bow.
I did the SeaDek myself just using paper templates and a razor blade...
I’ve still got to add some push pole holders and other items.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice. Simplicity at it's finest.

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,378 Posts
Nice job. Did you use drop-in boxes for the hatches to protect the foam? Should be a versatile rig. Good engine choice, too. ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Really cool boat, man! I have a buddy that has a 16' tunnel Sea Ark with a 40 Yammy (center console, non-tiller) and it is an absolute beast. Unfortunate that there's a Merc on there, but run what you're confident in!

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Really cool boat, man! I have a buddy that has a 16' tunnel Sea Ark with a 40 Yammy (center console, non-tiller) and it is an absolute beast. Unfortunate that there's a Merc on there, but run what you're confident in!
Once my Merc learned that I had no problem with beating the hell out of it with a flip flop at the courtesy dock, it didn't give me much trouble. You just need a firm hand with them.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I dig it. And that is a good way to have your stern tie downs if you can do it. A lot less chance of shifting side to side.

·
Registered
SeaArk 1860 MVT
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve had several Mercury engines with no issues..... not sure what you’re talking about.

·
Registered
SeaArk 1860 MVT
289 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow. Just simply, wow. This is turning into one of my favorite tiller boats I've seen.

Absolute fantastic job there. Plans for what's next?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts