Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a 15' Hobie skiff over the weekend . My teenage son will eventually out grow the old 13' whaler I redid for him. I've got a 40hp Tohatsu tiller laying around and thought, what the heck. The boat seems to be in decent shape. Some filling,sanding and painting inside and out. I'm not in any hurry to finish it.
20191103_173617.jpg

·
Registered
326 Posts
You’re not wasting any time jumping right in. Good luck. They are cool little boats.
Look forward to watching your progress.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank God it wasn't ply because the balsa cubes came out easier. I already had marine ply is why I used it. I used epoxy and I let the cloth on the ply dry before sticking it to the existing inner transom glass. I did what I could to seal up everything and will do so with any transom penetrations.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looking good, lol just finished up a major rebuild took a year to complete and sold it the first day on the water

Question:
Did you spray the Awgrip or roll and tip?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I applied the paint with a 1/4" knap roller and went over it with a foam roller. I wasn't looking for perfection. It's a fishing boat.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If the area isn't to big, you can roll and tip by yourself. Bigger area's it helps to have 2. Yes , well ventilated area's .

1 - 20 of 34 Posts